Ex-demo Headphones

wood9

I was just about to buy the Audio Technica ATH-AG1 for $250 when I saw an EX-demo selling for $100 less from a reliable store. "Ex-Demo Report Details: Packaging has been opened, includes all accessories. Left headphone has mild scratches on paint" I know alot of people buy refurbished headphones or swap the earpads on 2nd hand headphones. I'm just wondering If anyone here has purchased EX-Demo or even 2nd hand headphones & if they think this looks good for this price. 

Cheers,

Jai

If they're in working order it shouldn't be a problem. If you're comfortable opening and working on headphones, even better. 

Be sure the pads don't cost too much to replace or mod, otherwise you might as well buy them new for a few dollars more, because those headphones have probably seen more skin than a 5$ lady of the night.  

Check 2nd hand first, from other people, who didn't use them as demo units. 

I would totally buy used headphones, but demo headphones are probably a bit much for me. definitely replace the pads and clean the rest of the headphones thoroughly. I actually replaced my M50 pads when I got them. I love my velour pads so much.