Looking for QUIET But Powerful Fans.

Xelriel

A few of my case fans are going out ( Stock Fans ) and it's time for me to upgrade, I am looking for SILENT but POWERFUL fans to replace them with, Please link as many suggestions as possible, Thank you in advance !

~{ Xelriel }~

What are your specs?

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

103 fans compared

The benchmark

From this it was determined at 30dB(A). Enermax Twister Pressure 120mm had the best effeciency with 30.3 cfm of airflow. They didn't measure static pressure unfortunately.

Their testing methodology is questionable so do take them with a grain of salt.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It depends on what you consider quiet enough for your needs, there are some pretty impressive fans that won't reach 20dBa, but for those to cool the system nicely you need to have accurate positioning and overall a good airflow design; for example the NB-eLoop B12-PS ($26); it doesn't get much better than this regarding noise.

For the 120mm size, offerings like the NF-F12 PWM ($27) and the NB-BlackSilentPro PLPS ($20) kick in decent air while keeping the volume down. At 140mm there are other products to choose from, that at the same noise level will push more air.

If you are looking for something you don't hear when you use the PC, that is quiet enough, moves substantial air and is not this expensive, look at the Enermax UCTB12N, Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 120mm and Rosewill Hyperborea 120mm. These three fans share the same $10 price tag. They are really the good value quiet coolers out there, as they can still provide good airflow.

Just get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros, you really can't go wrong with them.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

look at  http://bit.ly/1xYG2JD yes its in dutch but the only things you need to know are wit=white and zwart=black

the prises are in euros but you can find the fans in a american shop too i think 

if you have questions about it please ask them

It depends on what you consider quiet enough for your needs, there are some pretty impressive fans that won't reach 20dBa, but for those to cool the system nicely you need to have accurate positioning and overall a good airflow design; for example the NB-eLoop B12-PS ($26); it doesn't get much better than this regarding noise.

For the 120mm size, offerings like the NF-F12 PWM ($27) and the NB-BlackSilentPro PLPS ($20) kick in decent air while keeping the volume down. At 140mm there are other products to choose from, that at the same noise level will push more air.

If you are looking for something you don't hear when you use the PC, that is quiet enough, moves substantial air and is not this expensive, look at the Enermax UCTB12N, Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 120mm and Rosewill Hyperborea 120mm. These three fans share the same $10 price tag. They are really the good value quiet coolers out there, as they can still provide good airflow.

Bump!

Are there any other brands that sell hyperborea-like (same OEM) fan? In my country rosewill is not a "known" brand :)

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

Bump!

Are there any other brands that sell hyperborea-like (same OEM) fan? In my country rosewill is not a "known" brand :)

Rosewill Hyperborea are rebranded Akasa Apache fans actually.

Rosewill Hyperborea are rebranded Akasa Apache fans actually.

Thanks m9!

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

Just get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros, you really can't go wrong with them.

^^^This.

Or be quiet!'s Silent Wings 2 or Pure Wings 2 lines.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

• 5 months later...

103 fans compared

The benchmark

From this it was determined at 30dB(A). Enermax Twister Pressure 120mm had the best effeciency with 30.3 cfm of airflow. They didn't measure static pressure unfortunately.

Their testing methodology is questionable so do take them with a grain of salt.

I think so, too. I can't beilieve that review