ATX pin extractor tool. Which one to buy?

Tyrant
Hi guys, I've done quite a few searches and am having a hard time finding a good ATX pin removal tool. I am looking to use this tool to sleeve my PSU cables. 

Last time I sleeved I used a homemade tool and it was just too much of a pain so I would like to pick up a tool specifically for the job.

I've looked for the Original Molex mini fit tool, but that will end up costing $50+ after shipping to Canada and that is simply too much for me to spend on the tool.

I have found a couple of alternative tools, but I am curious if any of you guys have any specific recommendations after using them.

I am located in Canada so anything that sells out of Canada would be a bonus.

Thanks.

i used a paperclip for a long time. broke many "high quality" tools and still go

back to my filed down paperclip. cheap, plentiful and just as reliable as a $10 tool.

I've made my own for most jobs but try icemodz they have a small kit they sell which is very affordable with shipping:

http://www.icemodz.com/webshop/#!/ATX-Molex-Removal-Tool-set/p/27024031/category=5572975

I tried that kit, it worked better when I drilled the rivets out and flipped the plates... still had to struggle with the wires tho.

I tried that kit, it worked better when I drilled the rivets out and flipped the plates... still had to struggle with the wires tho.

Hmm I find most of the tools require a lot of force to pull out the cables most of the time, I personally made my own with some thin metal strips and plexi but I need to find something like spring steel so they don't bend so easily. 

Hmm I find most of the tools require a lot of force to pull out the cables most of the time, I personally made my own with some thin metal strips and plexi but I need to find something like spring steel so they don't bend so easily. 

With the Molex extractor half the time they come right out, the other half of the time you have to wiggle around a little, but only on one pin have I had to actually tug on the cable like I nearly always had to with every other extractor I've tried.

I could have been doing something wrong with the other tools, but all I know is for me the Molex extractor changed sleeving from a PITA to enjoyable.

I have redesigned the original Molex Extractor (which is considered one of the best) to use a harder metal, longer and slightly thicker prongs and more affordable - anyone that tries it loves it. It was designed to work with even the hard to remove PSUs. I have them listed at www.mainframecustom.com (site will be reopening here soon for our grand reopening with nice discounts)

10169323_550579155057397_2053769047_n.jp

10170962_550579151724064_1482248040_n.jp

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

ad extraction tool will get the job done so i recommend any that you can find

I would definatly not just get any tool you can find. The original Molex Extractor, the one I designed, a nice set of staples if you know how to use them, and any tool that is a direct clone of the Original Molex Tool is what you should use.

Many of the extractors if not all of them that come in kits are not sufficient for PSUs like the corsair or seasonic brands due to the way they have the terminals jammed into the connecors. Many of the cheap tools or kits tend to break or simply just dont work.

[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

I have redesigned the original Molex Extractor (which is considered one of the best) to use a harder metal, longer and slightly thicker prongs and more affordable - anyone that tries it loves it. It was designed to work with even the hard to remove PSUs. I have them listed at www.mainframecustom.com (site will be reopening here soon for our grand reopening with nice discounts)

Looks great. Are they made of spring steel? I think some hacksaw blade-type material would be perfect for the extractor tool since its really flexible and doesnt break that easily...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Looks great. Are they made of spring steel? I think some hacksaw blade-type material would be perfect for the extractor tool since its really flexible and doesnt break that easily...

Yes they are made from tool grade spring steel.

[Reason I Live]