WD Black or Seagate Hybrid?

RandomName

Is it better to go with a hybrid drive from seagate or WD Black?

The WD Black has better warranty and support, whereas the Seagate has better speed. Just choose which one you want to give up, speed or reliability. I mean the Seagate wont outright fail the day you open it, However WD Blacks are known for their Warranty, and overall quality. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Even tho i love wd i would go with the hybrid assuming that is an sshd will be faster and is not a bad choice

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I would say WD black since they last much longer than seagate and have better support/warranty however a hybrid is a little faster but I've seen 5 seagate hdd's die last year not old stuff new stuff.

the seagate will probably give better speeds, and I wanna know if they are any good, so hit me up my man if you get it

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

get the seagate hybrid

also instead of the black just get a blue or barracuda 

the seagate will probably give better speeds, and I wanna know if they are any good

its very good for OS and programs compared to any normal hdd

Edited by s3ns3

i've had my Barracuda for years no problems at all.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2060 OC

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero 

Storage: 1TB, 500GB, 250GB SSD's, 1TB SSHD

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

Is it better to go with a hybrid drive from seagate or WD Black?

Hey RandomName,

It depends on what you are planing on doing with the drive. 
Your best option is to combine separate SSD with a regular HDD (such as WD Blue). This way you would have the option to put whatever you like on the SSD and keep all the rest on the HDD (unlike the SSHD where it is done automatically). Also, if either of them fails, you would still have the data on the other drive. :)

Putting that aside, in general a hybrid drive functions faster compared to any regular HDD. It would serve you better as a boot drive. But, they tend to be more expensive and with less warranty. 

WD Black, on the other side, is a great performance drive with long warranty and good read/write speeds.

What are your plans for the drive (boot drive, gaming, editing, etc.)? What is your budget and desired size?

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/