higher end video card with an older dual core

DeViLzzz

Guys I was looking for the quickest solution to make my son's gaming computer which is old (socket 775 e5200 or e5300) a better machine. I was thinking of getting another PNY GTX 670 as when I make a new build for him sooner than later I will have this card to use in it or I can pop it into my main rig and SLI GTX 670s so with that said buying this card doesn't seem to be a problem. The question I have and I have looked for info. was I was wondering what kind of FPS he would get for newer games and at what resolution would they run best ? I know I can swap out my current GTX 670 and try it in his rig but I would have to swap the psu also at this time so yeah if I have to do that I will if nobody can provide any information. So any1 have a clue as to what I could expect ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I can't say what your fps will be, but you could run into bottlenecks and not get the best fps that 670 can get.

Here:

this should help you out alot :D Linus saving the day again :)))

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Here:

considering that you'll definitely have a bottleneck I would strongly suggest going for a cheaper card that'll have less untapped potential,or just a cheaper card in general,I'd highly discourage spending $300-400 on a graphics card that'll be severely bottlnecked unless you plan on building or buying a new system in the nearby future.

something like a 7870 LE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131484

while it's still powerful,about on par with/slightly better than a 660 ti in many situations.it is considerably cheaper.

and since your system will bottleneck the gtx 670,there'll be little if any difference between the two graphics cards performance.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Here:
considering that you'll definitely have a bottleneck I would strongly suggest going for a cheaper card that'll have less untapped potential' date='or just a cheaper card in general,I'd highly discourage spending $300-400 on a graphics card that'll be severely bottlnecked unless you plan on building or buying a new system in the nearby future. something like a 7870 LE http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131484 while it's still powerful,about on par with/slightly better than a 660 ti in many situations.it is considerably cheaper. and since your system will bottleneck the gtx 670,there'll be little if any difference between the two graphics cards performance.

Yeah but I have another system with a GTX 670 and my plan all along is to tri SLI at some point so why would I buy a GTX 660 Ti ? I liked the idea of being able to move the GTX 670 from the lesser machine to my main pc that would benefit from it if I do not use it in a newer build.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S