Good 27" IPS monitor?

Wiggywu
I would like to know which 27" IPS monitors you guys would recommend?

I would prefer it to be relatively cheap, about $250 give or take some, I don't mind if its a glossy display since I won't have trouble with the light in my room and I would like 1440p but 1080p will also be fine if it has everything I am looking for.

Thanks.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I really don't recommend 1080p at 27", the PPI is too low for me personally and I wasn't satisfied with mine at all. I'd either wait until you have a bigger budget and go 1440p, either a Korean monitor or something like the PB278Q when it's on sale.  

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

thanks for all the suggestions, after all this I will not go for a 1080p, so I have another question, should I just go for a TN panel to save some money and get a 1440p 27"? How much difference will it make? I will be generally using the monitor for about 70% gaming and the rest I will be working on photoshop ect, so would there be much point in getting a IPS? Do you guys have any suggestions for a good TN, 1440p, 27" monitor?

Thanks again.  

I really don't recommend 1080p at 27", the PPI is too low for me personally and I wasn't satisfied with mine at all. I'd either wait until you have a bigger budget and go 1440p, either a Korean monitor or something like the PB278Q when it's on sale.  

Having used 27" 1080p exclusively for about three years I concur. A lot. Whether it be 1440p or 4K you want more than 1080p at that size.

That's a pretty great monitor. I'm planning to get two of them myself with my planned build this year.

TFT Central has done a review on it if anyone is interested.

Link: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/benq_gw2765ht.htm#intro

:)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

That's a pretty great monitor. I'm planning to get two of them myself with my planned build this year.

TFT Central has done a review on it if anyone is interested.

Link: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/benq_gw2765ht.htm#intro

:)

Thanks :) I have ordered mine, will it be OK for gaming? I mostly play CS:GO, I know it won't have the response time of my TN monitor but will I notice much difference?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you are looking to spend around $300 I would encourage you to think about a 1440p monitor over a 1080p one if your computer can handle it. There are korean monitors sold on ebay that are really great. Basically, they take the screens from Apple or Samsung that are graded at like an A- and put them in their own housing. 
They are still great screens but don't meet apple's strict standard. So basically you get a screen that has a value closer to $800-$1100 for $250-$400. It's definitely worth looking into. 

Below the first link has a list of the best Korean monitors and the best vendors according to Tek Syndicate. The second link is a youtube video about korean monitors you should check out. I would highly recommend you at least consider going this route. If you look into and decide it's not for you that's fine, but don't miss an opportunity you weren't aware of.