Is battlefield 4 premium edition worth buying?

enRodjavel

Ive played a lot of BF4 over holidays and if premium was under 15 quid, i'd buy it.

Need to look at whats addedband them buy it.

Isnt there newbBF coming out this year ? Is it going to be like BF4 or are they sticking with that stupid hardline bs style ???

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Those of us that are only supposed to use 30GB of a 200GB cap care.

I hate caps, though honestly the only people I know with one, are people on this forum

I understand that but you could always download the DLC at a later date, I think its actually an integral part of the game

snt there newbBF coming out this year ? Is it going to be like BF4 or are they sticking with that stupid hardline bs style ???

There is hardline coming out soon, BF4 will continue support, there is more DLC planned

Battlefield 5 development will start after hardline is launched

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I hate caps, though honestly the only people I know with one, are people on this forum

There is hardline coming out soon, BF4 will continue support, there is more DLC planned

Battlefield 5 development will start after hardline is launched

Its not out yet ?! Jesus christ, ive been hearing and seeing about it since last summer...

In that case BF4's premium is worth it for sure. I will jump on the vagon as soon as its at good price point. Huck Fardline ! Thx for info :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Don't buy it thinking DICE will ever fix the major issues with it, 1 frame kills, packets being dropped by servers.  shots not registering.....degrading servers.....etc.

All the major issues are because of the hard coded tick rate of 30hz,   DICE is just just flooding the game with gameplay changes and stupid easter egg, dogtag hunts to distract people from

the fact that it can't be fixed until a complete engine overhaul is done to remove that hard limit.  

The CTE is just DICE wasting time to keep sales going until the next title drops and EA washes their hands of BF4.

BF4 will always be broken, any fixes to the engine will be applied to the next game, not BF4.

Buy it cheap, but be prepared for plenty of WTF! moments.

SNIP

Nope not yet, its been heard about because everyone played it in Alpha, and because its been at all the trade shows, but they have overhauled LOTS sinch alpha, honestly it looks like a decent game, the weapons felt much better in hardline than BF4 and I like some of the ideas, just something a little new for the franchise, and a new developer so maybe they bring something to the table to give Dice some new ideas

SNIP

Honestly I don't find BF4 that broken, sure there is still the odd moment, but I no longer get killed around corners, or die tripping over plant pots, or not have bullets register, the game is 100x more consistent than it was during launch and its still a VERY fun game, with some minor frustrations

I don't regret buying it at full price then and I still would now

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nope not yet, its been heard about because everyone played it in Alpha, and because its been at all the trade shows, but they have overhauled LOTS sinch alpha, honestly it looks like a decent game, the weapons felt much better in hardline than BF4 and I like some of the ideas, just something a little new for the franchise, and a new developer so maybe they bring something to the table to give Dice some new ideas

Honestly I don't find BF4 that broken, sure there is still the odd moment, but I no longer get killed around corners, or die tripping over plant pots, or not have bullets register, the game is 100x more consistent than it was during launch and its still a VERY fun game, with some minor frustrations

I don't regret buying it at full price then and I still would now

Those frustrations will never go away,

They are tied to the hardcoded tickrate which is there because Sony and Microsoft demand it to keep their server costs down.

All DICE has done is a bunch of smoke and mirrors tinkering with the damage model to sweep as much of it under the rug as they can

along with throwing dogtags, stupid easter.eggs,  speeding up running speeds to satisfy the CS Youtubers like Levelca$h and Jack [Caught hacking in DayZ]Frags and gameplay changes at people to get them off the subject of the condition of the game.

DICE admitted to it, they can't totally fix the game because of the tickrate, they would have to overhaul the engine to increase it and then spend another year porting BF4 over to it.

You won't see any fixes to that until maybe BF5,   Hardline is ok because it's a smaller scale game with 32 players.

SNIP

yeah but I dont care, those minor frustration do not effect my overall enjoyment of the game or the 298h 43m I have put into the game, with the exception of the black screen crashes in the first few weeks, I have not had that many issues

Strangely enough I enjoy LevelCap, JackFrags and Frankie's battlefield videos, I find them entertaining, and there HAVE been improvements to the model animations, speeds, and weapon balance

Without releasing a new engine some problems cannot be fixed, so really all they can do is tweak stuff to get the game playable as best as possible, with Hardline around the corner, and undoubtedly BF5 in the works, I think its silly for them to waste any more dicking around with BF4

I have had 300 hours of enjoyment from the game, almost every minute playing with my friends was fun, and thats all I really care about

We can all sit here and debate whats right and wrong, but there is no other game like battlefield, am  I disappointed? oh beyond beleif, but the game is still good/fun enough in my opinion to overlook the problems,

But this is all just my opinion, 

@ShadowCaptain How many GBs is it to download the game plus all the dlc maps?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

It's basically a bunch of DLC BUT it gives you better emblem customization options; so you can copy/paste better emblems.

The only DLC that was worth it was the last one.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...