Good PSU's

RaVenBelgium

Are these good PSU's?

- Corsair GS800 (2013 version)

- Thermaltake EVO blue 2.0

If anyone has other suggestions, always welcome to share them with me! ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

not the thermal take.

check Johnnyguru.com for PSU reviews but in short you cant go wrong with , antec,corsair,seasonic,and silverstone.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The GS800 is good. What are you powering with the psu?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The GS800 is good. What are you powering with the psu?

ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Intel Core i7 4770K, a GTX 780 (maybe 2 way SLI later)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

GS800 is not modular but its your choice

Not fully modular, right?

ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Intel Core i7 4770K, a GTX 780 (maybe 2 way SLI later)

The GS800 will do just fine with that config.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

you have a very high end build maybe get a Corsair AX860i

Hmmmm, I like the fact that it has 80 PLUS Platinum + fully modular + all single-sleeved cables :)

The Corsair GS800 is a PUQ-B platform from CWT, while the Thermaltake Evo Blue 2.0 is the PUQ-G platform - the same platform used in the Lepa G 750w and HX750v2. The GS800 has Teapo caps in the secondary, while the TT EB2.0 has full NCC. I would go with the TT if they price the same.

What's your budget? And do you have any sites that you could link to that you are able to buy from?

The Corsair GS800 is a PUQ-B platform from CWT, while the Thermaltake Evo Blue 2.0 is the PUQ-G platform - the same platform used in the Lepa G 750w and HX750v2. The GS800 has Teapo caps in the secondary, while the TT EB2.0 has full NCC. I would go with the TT if they price the same.

What's your budget? And do you have any sites that you could link to that you are able to buy from?

I really don't know what you said there :D

my budget for PSU is 180-200max euros

I live in Belgium so I can give you the sites I'm going to buy parts from but I don't know if that is going to help you...

www.azerty.nl

www.alternate.be

www.coolblue.be

I really don't know what you said there :D

my budget for PSU is 180-200max euros

I live in Belgium so I can give you the sites I'm going to buy parts from but I don't know if that is going to help you...

www.azerty.nl

www.alternate.be

www.coolblue.be

Many PSU brands like Thermaltake, Corsair, Silverstone, etc. does not make their PSUs themselves, but rather go to another company to have their units made. In this case, both Corsair and Thermaltake went with Channel Well Technology (CWT). They both decided on CWT's own platform to have their PSU build on: GS = PUQ-B and Evo2.0 = PUQ-G. From there, they will some control of what components should be used (fans, capacitors, housing, cables length etc) and maybe some minor modification of the platform itself, in which I had pointed out that Corsair had decided to used lower quality capacitors for their GS line.

All in all, the Evo2.0 should be a better unit than the GS; however, if it is like here in the states, the price of the unit cost more than the HX750v2 which is also based on the PUQ-G platform, so it may not be a good deal.

________

From what it seem, the Evo2.0 750w is around €160. It's rather overpriced in comparison to let say, the Lepa G750-MAS is in the €115 price point, and as I stated previously, based on the PUQ-G platform as well. http://azerty.nl/8-1073-552821/lepa-g750-mas-voeding.html

For a little more than the Evo2.0, you could get the BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P10 750w. It's a modified FSP Xilenser unit. It's an excellent premium unit, that has among the lowest audible noise level than many PSUs and well as possibly the most complete modular setup (various of cables with different connector types, such as a single cable with a single SATA connector for your optical drive in which helps with more cleaner cable management). Also, it has it own dedicated switch that allows you to switch between single rail and multi-rail mode - a feature that is identical to what you have seen in the Corsair AXi. It's helpful during extreme level of overclocking and benching, as you could switch it to single rail mode without having to worry about tripping the OCP, whereas during more typical workload condition, you could put it in multi-rail mode for an extra layer of safety.

A lesser expensive option would be the PC Power & Cooling MKIII 750w, which is based off of an excellent high-end platform from Super Flower: http://azerty.nl/8-1073-607932/pc-power-amp-cooling-silence.html

While a 750w would be plenty for your system, if you wish to go with that, I would recommend the Coolermaster V850. http://azerty.nl/0-1073-622300/cooler-master-v850.html

It's based on the newer Seasonic X KM3 platform, but offers a better FDB fan from Protechnic than the 2BB fan from Sanyo Denki included in the Seasonic. For €150, it seem to be an excellent deal.

The Super Flower Golden Green is indeed an excellent unit; however, I believe the SF-750P14XE model doesn't offer modularity, in which I would go with the PCP&C MKIII 750w. It's based on the same platform internally and offer modularity for ~€5 more.

Are these good PSU's?

- Corsair GS800 (2013 version)

- Thermaltake EVO blue 2.0

If anyone has other suggestions, always welcome to share them with me! ;)

Any Corsair PSU is good, the Thermaltake one I've read bad things.

The Syndicate

Many PSU brands like Thermaltake, Corsair, Silverstone, etc. does not make their PSUs themselves, but rather go to another company to have their units made. In this case, both Corsair and Thermaltake went with Channel Well Technology (CWT). They both decided on CWT's own platform to have their PSU build on: GS = PUQ-B and Evo2.0 = PUQ-G. From there, they will some control of what components should be used (fans, capacitors, housing, cables length etc) and maybe some minor modification of the platform itself, in which I had pointed out that Corsair had decided to used lower quality capacitors for their GS line.

All in all, the Evo2.0 should be a better unit than the GS; however, if it is like here in the states, the price of the unit cost more than the HX750v2 which is also based on the PUQ-G platform, so it may not be a good deal.

________

From what it seem, the Evo2.0 750w is around €160. It's rather overpriced in comparison to let say, the Lepa G750-MAS is in the €115 price point, and as I stated previously, based on the PUQ-G platform as well. http://azerty.nl/8-1073-552821/lepa-g750-mas-voeding.html

For a little more than the Evo2.0, you could get the BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P10 750w. It's a modified FSP Xilenser unit. It's an excellent premium unit, that has among the lowest audible noise level than many PSUs and well as possibly the most complete modular setup (various of cables with different connector types, such as a single cable with a single SATA connector for your optical drive in which helps with more cleaner cable management). Also, it has it own dedicated switch that allows you to switch between single rail and multi-rail mode - a feature that is identical to what you have seen in the Corsair AXi. It's helpful during extreme level of overclocking and benching, as you could switch it to single rail mode without having to worry about tripping the OCP, whereas during more typical workload condition, you could put it in multi-rail mode for an extra layer of safety.

A lesser expensive option would be the PC Power & Cooling MKIII 750w, which is based off of an excellent high-end platform from Super Flower: http://azerty.nl/8-1073-607932/pc-power-amp-cooling-silence.html

Thanks for explaining, I think I get it!

I thnk I'll stay at the AX860i for now ;)

While a 750w would be plenty for your system, if you wish to go with that, I would recommend the Coolermaster V850. http://azerty.nl/0-1073-622300/cooler-master-v850.html

It's based on the newer Seasonic X KM3 platform, but offers a better FDB fan from Protechnic than the 2BB fan from Sanyo Denki included in the Seasonic. For €150, it seem to be an excellent deal.

The Super Flower Golden Green is indeed an excellent unit; however, I believe the SF-750P14XE model doesn't offer modularity, in which I would go with the PCP&C MKIII 750w. It's based on the same platform internally and offer modularity for ~€5 more.

I like the V850, it's also fully modular which is handy!

Get a AX850 as it is made by seasonic and is a great psu..

Get a AX850 as it is made by seasonic and is a great psu..

Why not the AX860i?

Why not the AX860i?

It's a very good unit from Flextronic with excellent electrical performance, DC quality output, and build quality. It has a similar feature of the BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 that allows switch between single and multirail. Although the software is still inaccurate and can be quite buggy. Because of it, I would personally go with the Coolermaster V850.

FYI, unless they updated it without me knowing, the Corsair AX850 is still based on the older Seasonic X KM2 design, whereas the CM V850 is based on the newer, improved KM3 with a higher quality fan.