Sound or amp?

alberto23456

Hi,

So I just got my Sennheiser G4ME zero headset today and I have noticed that the sound quality isn't great. It seems like it can do a lot more than what I am hearing.

So, I am thinking I need either a sound card or a headphone amp.

My budget isn't really high, but I am not looking for something that will knock my socks off, but just something that gives it that needed boost to make it sound better.

I found an amp and soundcard in my price range. Both are the same price, but I am confused as to which one I should get.

Amp:Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable

Link: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1228&products_id=30096&zenid=1a8a76f29dcafe536e2fef8c3599bf49

Sound card: Asus Xonar DSX

Link: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=211&products_id=21751

Thanks.

Unless your computer is ancient, neither of those would help to be honest

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

What's the problem with the headphones, again?

bby don't be that way, its not OP's fault that he won't read any of the other topics that ask the same question. 

xonar

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have a cheap motherboard thats about 2 years old. The motherboard exactly is Asus P8 H77-M.

Link: http://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/P8H77M/

The problem is that the sound isn't as good quality to what I was expecting or what I have heard.

When I compare it to my cheap Func headset, the Func seems to be abit better in sound quality which is why I am thinking I need a sound card or amp.

bby don't be that way, its not OP's fault that he won't read any of the other topics that ask the same question. 

Let it tank?

I have a cheap motherboard thats about 2 years old. The motherboard exactly is Asus P8 H77-M.

The problem is that the sound isn't as good quality to what I was expecting or what I have heard.

When I compare it to my cheap Func headset, the Func seems to be abit better in sound quality which is why I am thinking I need a sound card or amp.

that motherboard is fine, the headset is probably just lacking. Neither of those two options will make it sound better, and for future reference never buy a soundcard

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

that motherboard is fine, the headset is probably just lacking. Neither of those two options will make it sound better, and for future reference never buy a soundcard

Never say never.

Never say never.

Bieber-pg-horizontal.jpg

Motherboards fine, getting a soundcard won't make them sound any different. 

Let it tank?

With disregard to the rest of this post, yes.

OP probably just don't like the headphone and doesn't know it yet. 

Ok, thanks.

I was just confused because from all the reviews I have seen, most people have suggested a sound card or amp (mostly recommending an amp).

Ok, thanks.

I was just confused because from all the reviews I have seen, most people have suggested a sound card or amp (mostly recommending an amp).

eh, it's usually unnoticeable. That headset is easy to drive, so it would just be a money waster :)