The Crew (PC) Review Honest - My first review!

K thanks should have got a wired one in the first place :)

yeah they eat batteries :P or need charging constantly 

I have mine sat on a cheapy venom charger that charges 2 at the same time and it just sits under my monitor always ready to go

The good thing about the wired one is that its always connected, for example sometimes if you launch a game and then turn the wirless one on, it wont register until you quit the game and relaunch

so you have to turn it on before launching the game, but for example if I want to use a controller for flying in BF4, but keyboard for soldier, the wirless controller will turn off and I have to mess around reconnecting it 

so yeah the wired option is better

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Can you play 4k on a console? no, i prefer a keyboard and mouse so i can play 4k

Uh, what? Who mentioned consoles?

You realise PCs support controllers, right?

Racing games are objectively worse with a keyboard than either controller or actual steering wheel because you don't have variable input on things like triggers. On a keyboard, it's either X or Y, where as on a trigger you can go at different speeds depending on how far the trigger is pushed. This is a huge deal.

Nice review but I have to say the game was a lot of fun at  a LAN party with only two of my friends and I didn't play the game since then 

Nice review but I have to say the game was a lot of fun at  a LAN party with only two of my friends and I didn't play the game since then 

Yh I haven't really played online properly because none of my friends have it. You usually enjoy a game more when you play with people you know!

My PC: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MN3YwP

Wish I could afford to do giveaways for you guys, Sorry school doesn't pay me! <3

Can you play 4k on a console? no, i prefer a keyboard and mouse so i can play 4k

Who drives and to make a turn, turns their wheel allll the way to the left or right? No one. Keyboard is pointless for a racing game.

Yh I haven't really played online properly because none of my friends have it. You usually enjoy a game more when you play with people you know!

I know

Ew controllers.

G27 (or insert other wheel here) master race.

Pulling drifts non stop.

Skeptical on buying the crew.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The game seems decent, I need new racing games to play. I'm only into arcade games and would really like an open-world. I don't think that many of the complaints that the game has gotten from hardcore racing fans will affect my experience in a negative way.

Have you played TDU2 before? Is the handling anything like that or worse?

The first thing I want to talk about is the controls as their a key part of any game and can affect the whole feel of the game. In my opinion the controls were poor, the default keys to move are the arrow keys, I would've preferred WASD to be the default as most games use them these days but it isn't really a big deal just thought that I would mention it. Another thing that I didn't like relating to the controls is the fact they didn't tell you what to do before you started playing the game, this caused me not to know how to use the handbrake until I had been playing for 2 hours, I would have liked it if there was some sort of tutorial on how to work the car, just a small detail that really annoyed me. Umm also illogical controls like z for horn wtf????????

As mentioned, yes, driving with keyboard sucks in every car game (except in Need for Speed, but that is a different animal). I have a £15 Candyrock X360 controller, it is good, controls are good there so does buttons

The police system in this games is completely stupid, you can't get arrested unless you are within like 5 meters of a police car, seems like the public don't have mobile phones to call the police. Another thing that I really hated is when you drive past a police car at 150mph it simply just ignores you, wtf how does that make sense, unless you have different rules about speeding in the US. Also another slightly weird thing that I noticed is that if you crash into a police car they chase you immediately, but if you hit a civilian car nothing happens (even if the police can see you). The police cars also disappear sometimes but you know whatever. The police chases :) well that's the same as the whole of the review a total shambles, cars randomly appearing and still being able to go quicker than you even when using NOS (like 230mph). As you can tell by now my likes list is a little shorter than my dislikes list :)

Dude, it is not "Police Simulator 2015" it is a game. Would you rather like that you would get tickets, as you were not indexing at the right place? The police there to make you drive more punctual sometimes, not make the game frustrating, that you went 45 on a 40mph zone.

The graphics were actually quite good, but nowhere near as good as games like Arma 3, some of the textures were superb and some lacked depth and detail. The textures of the cars in my opinion looked amazing but the terrain textures lacked; one I noticed in particular with the ballast on the train tracks. Overall the quality of the map was good (although there was some issues like the was a massive jump between thick and thin snow some sort of blending would be nice). The size of the world was pretty good for the style of the game and gave a lot of room to roam free. A thing that really annoyed me but it really isn't a problem is the measurements in the "nav" system, so now its only 64 miles from LA to Miami? No? But the crew said it so  :P.

Well, if you have such a large map to create you must make compromises. No, the measurements in the nav system is fine. Yes, the map was made smaller, as "apparently" taking US 1:1 into a game is not that easy..... if you want a 1:1 map, look at Test Drive Unlimited 1 +2(Devs previous games)

Right so this really annoyed me, so basically when looking from the outside of the car the windscreen is all crack and messed up but when you look from the inside it magically fixes and you have perfects vision. On the subject of magic your car magically repairs over time; why not just have more garages to fix your car? It can't be that hard (I know that it happens in lots of car games still pisses me off though).

Again, gameplay. Your windscreen is usually smashed all the time, you could not drive at all. The cars repair themselves so you can play the game more. CoD or BF, where you can heal yourself by waiting?

The multi-player aspect of this game was kinda crap to be honest, you have to use chat to contact them or you could go onto the sexy ubisoft forum and ask to join a crew, I would've like some kind of voice chat for the game (there isn't one as far as im aware). The main aspect (except driving) of this game is online play and it was simply lacking. The driving is hard for me  to comment on because I have never driven but I found the cars hard to control, it may have been easier if I had a steering wheel, but I aint gonna buy one.

Multiplayer... well it is not that social as I want to be, yeah. Cars are driving fine, it is not a simulator. and if you want a simulator you must buy a wheel. Get a simulator from steam, and try it with keyboard, you willl cry in 5 minutes

The level system in place is ok but could do with some tweaking, I also don't like the fact that it is locked at 30 or 60 fps when my pc could probably play it about 100 (I think).

Level system is fine, I think there are some tweaks to unlock framerate

I would like to see a better music/radio system implemented where you can upload your own music, I would love to see more cars and all round improvements to gameplay and graphics.

You can upload your own music. More cars would be fine, gameplay is fine, graphics is good, not crysis 3

I would give this game 2/10 (might be generous) considering they probably had a 9 figure budget. This game wasn't really realistic (It would have been ok if it wasn't set in a real place and meant to be kinda realistic) which disappointed me. I definitely wouldn't recommend buying this game considering the massive price tag, at least the servers work :).

Honestly, as a fan of TDU 1/2, it is a worthy successor for that game. The game was not meant to be a simulator, just let you know. You can get it for £25.....

Anyway I am sorry for the probably badly written review and it probably also has a really bad structure I am not a journalist  :).

Thanks for reading and I hope it helps you in someway.

Ew controllers.

G27 (or insert other wheel here) master race.

Pulling drifts non stop.

Skeptical on buying the crew.

Have you played TDU2 before? Is the handling anything like that or worse?

Try Test Drive Unlimited, same type of driving (not simulator), better of road driving, and as you improve the car, the driving is getting much much better