Cherry MX Blues

G27Racer_188

I want to hear impressions for people who have used them how loud are they when gaming, and how loud are they when typing.

So, does the click get annoying after some time?

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

It never annoys me, but it annoys the shit out of my family. 

They are VERY loud. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I never get annoyed of the click, but they are pretty loud. I use a headset when gaming so I don't hear the clicks, but I wish I could because they just sound so satisfying.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It never annoys me, but it annoys the shit out of my family. 

They are VERY loud. 

High five fellow C70 brother! /offtopic

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I want to hear impressions for people who have used them how loud are they when gaming, and how loud are they when typing.

So, does the click get annoying after some time?

If you like the click then you will like Blues for their sound. If you have family that hate loud noises then they will hate your keyboard (at least from my experiences with Greens). The noises while gaming are pretty quiet unless you really smash them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

THE loudest.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Family hates me when they wan't to sleep, otherwise pretty loud but nothing that i notice (because idc)

I LOVE blues when typing, and don't even notice them while gaming. However, you will annoy people around you.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

You know what? My family is always yelling, screaming, turning on the washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher, taking a shower in the bathroom next to my room while I try to listen to music/game with open headphones. If they can dish out ze noise, they damn well better be prepared to take it in too. 

That's the logic that I use to justify getting a cherry mx blue.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

THE loudest.

Greens are louder from my experience because the spacebar is super clinky. They also require more force and when they bottom out they make even MOAR NOISE.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Greens are louder from my experience because the spacebar is super clinky. They also require more force and when they bottom out they make even MOAR NOISE.

Green is like soooo unpopular, good to know there are louder switches than blue.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Green is like soooo unpopular, good to know there are louder switches than blue.  :lol:

I love my greens. Heavy, tactile, clicky, bae.

It doesn't really annoy me. Much like how playing loud music in my room doesn't annoy me.

It only bothers others around the house.

And I say this to everyone regarding Blue's. They are a switch that you either love or not. The switch is a whole different switch if you compare it to Red, Black, and Brown's.

I usually have headphones on so it isnt that loud. But they are really nice to listen to when typing. But for games like CSGO i really hate it because of the tactile feed back its hard to do quick peaks and a d  really fast.

Then I think I'm going to go for browns. They are basically blues, but without the click.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

I have MX Browns and Blues and move between them fine. For home I suggest Browns as to not annoy others.

I literally had a work colleague move desks today because my Blues were unbearable to him (I love this keyboard so I am soooooo not sorry)

You will spend a while fiddling around with any VOIP programs you use. Especially if you play RTS games. 3 of us game on MX blues and thankfully one of our friends finds the sound therapeutic. 

He actually comes onto our server to listen to us typing while he works. Everyone else spends the time moaning about it.

I have a video somewhere comparing my blues to my browns if I can find it I'll link it for you.

The one thing you should note is you can still bottom out an MX brown switch which will produce a loud clunk sound anyway.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You will spend a while fiddling around with any VOIP programs you use. Especially if you play RTS games. 3 of us game on MX blues and thankfully one of our friends finds the sound therapeutic. 

He actually comes onto our server to listen to us typing while he works. Everyone else spends the time moaning about it.

I have a video somewhere comparing my blues to my browns if I can find it I'll link it for you.

The one thing you should note is you can still bottom out an MX brown switch which will produce a loud clunk sound anyway.

I'll definitely check the link out if you find it.

Do the browns and blues feel same under  the fingers since you have used both?

I'll definitely check the link out if you find it.

Do the browns and blues feel same under  the fingers since you have used both?

No they feel a little different. Its hard to describe it. I think its a subtle difference the blues feel a little more crisp to use. I honestly prefer the blues but the browns are nicer for late at night.

If you could try them out side by side you would notice it. If I avoid bottoming out the keys the silence of the browns are worth it though.

It was a video for a friend so its not the most scientific of videos. It should give you an idea all the same.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I recently got a used BlackWiddow 2013 with blue switches and I love it to death. The sound is rather satisfying. While gaming it isn't too annoying, assuming you use headphones. Makes typing feel leaps and bounds better than a membrane. I'd recommend.