Linus' Phone

bwemery5

Does anybody know what phone Linus uses as his daily driver these days? Also looking for some recommendations for new android phones. 

Does anybody know what phone Linus uses as his daily driver these days? Also looking for some recommendations for new android phones. 

iPhone 6 and Droid Turbo, at least I think so. What is your budget and location(country)?

the Motorola Droid Turbo/Maxx, and his previous one was the HTC One M8

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Linus uses an iPhone 6 and a droid turbo because he is currently testing them. He usually gives high praises to the HTC one line-up including the latest HTC one M8. He does mention that between the iPhone 6 and the HTC one M8 there are many things that makes it really hard to choose between both of them. 

One warning about a post I saw from a person above, take with caution buying from One Plus, they do not have any form of customer service and have denied many warranty claims.

One warning about a post I saw from a person above, take with caution buying from One Plus, they do not have any form of customer service and have denied many warranty claims.

Then OnePlus should take some lessons from Phantom Glass on customer service

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

thanks for all the replies, will check out suggestions

Linus uses an iPhone 6 and a droid turbo because he is currently testing them. He usually gives high praises to the HTC one line-up including the latest HTC one M8. He does mention that between the iPhone 6 and the HTC one M8 there are many things that makes it really hard to choose between both of them. 

this^^

The One series from HTC is amazeballs, as Linus says. And Motorola has been going ham with their new phones. The new Moto X and Maxx are great. As is the Moto G if you're on a tight budget.

OPO is not something I would go with. Everyone always wonders how the hell they got such a well specced phone so cheap. The answer is they skimped on quality and customer service. I've seen WAY too many posts on people who have had problems with their OPOs. Since they were in such high demand, OnePlus rushed to get them out. This cause lots of problems, i.e. the yellowish tint on the screens because the glue didnt have enough time to cure. Then, when people tried to get their phones fixed, they experienced OnePlus' horrible customer service. Some people got their phones bricked following instructions FROM ONEPLUS. Once they stated this problem, they would straight up not get any response from Oneplus. 

So, OP, don't go with the Oneplus.. it's too good to be true. Get a phone form a reputable company, even if it costs more. That extra cash you're shelling out is going into a bit more pierce of mind. 

Also, I would check out Sony's Xperia phones. Insane battery life, nice features, amazingly build, and waterproof

My votes:

Xperia Z3 (Z3 compact if you like smaller phones)

HTC One M8

iPhone 5s/6 (the 6+ too if you like huge phones)

Motorola Droid Turbo/Moto X

No Samsung cause TouchWiz is bleh

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

They don't really deny warranty claims. Things have smoothed out, it's just really slow. It could take 1-2 months to RMA a phone.

I haven't run into any issues with my device though :P