New headphones, need help!

toobbbbee

Hello!

Im thinking about buying headphones + modmic, and now i need help to find good headphones. I have been looking at Sony MDR -1A and Audio Technica ATH-M50X which is the better one of those?

I already have a soundcard Asus Xonar U7.

Thanks for help & sorry for bad english!

I personally like the ATM-M50x. I prefer the looks of it. Although, they do sound very very similar.  

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

No brainer, MDR-1A ftw.

Do you own them? are they good for gaming, music & movies? I will use them for everything.

Do you own them? are they good for gaming, music & movies? I will use them for everything.

No, because I prefer open back than closed back, so mine is an open back one. Tried it, and it's way better than the M50x

No, because I prefer open back than closed back, so mine is an open back one. Tried it, and it's way better than the M50x

Okey, can you link some good headphones with open back in around the same price as the others? =)

Okey, can you link some good headphones with open back in around the same price as the others? =)

HE-400, $249 refurbished, bundled with headphone case, on head-direct.com. Most likely will need an additional amp.

What a nub. Closed back ftw. 

OP, The MDR 1A should be great but the 1R might be a better deal right now because the 1A just came out. The 1R was replaced by the 1A so the 1R should be going on deals right now. In the US, you can get them from Amazon warehouse for $125 which is a steal. 

What a nub. Closed back ftw. 

OP, The MDR 1A should be great but the 1R might be a better deal right now because the 1A just came out. The 1R was replaced by the 1A so the 1R should be going on deals right now. In the US, you can get them from Amazon warehouse for $125 which is a steal. 

The Sony MDR -1A is on sale on a Swedish site atm, for 127$ / 105€.

Will i hear a diffrence between the headset i have right now Qpad QH-90 and the Sony MDR -1A?

Damn, $127. It's still $300 on amazon....

$127, i could buy one and sell them in indonesia for a huge profit....

Is it worth to upgrade from Qpad QH-90? will i hear a diffrence?

I have only ever seen tech reviewers agree on one product being the best in its class twice; on the htc one m8 google play, and on the ath m50's. I would go that route

MDR-1A. Still great. Very good fitting. 

IDK how $127 is possible. They retail for $300! 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I would very much like to recommend the M50(x) and I would buy another pair in a heartbeat if mine weren't still going strong after almost five years of heavy desktop use (I finally wore out and replaced the ear pads a few months ago) BUT...  That deal on the MDR-1R is good enough I might have to try them myself!  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR1R-Premium-Over-Headphones/dp/B009A6CZ30

Around the $300 mark you are really getting into territory shared by many other very good headphones.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system