3.5 hdd in 5.25 bay

WaavinHicks

I just ordered the brackets from a local pc store but I wont receive them for about a week, I'm currently doing a clean and re-wire of my system and want the hdd in the drive bays now so I don't need to touch the wiring again but not sure if there is a "dodgy" way I can mount it for the week or so. I was thinking of just using double sided tape to keep the sled in place then attaching the hdd to the sled?

I have 3 2.5" HDD's in my 5.25" slots, I mounted them to a couple of olde foam mouse pads I had laying around. Works pretty good, pretty silent as well.

I just ordered the brackets from a local pc store but I wont receive them for about a week, I'm currently doing a clean and re-wire of my system and want the hdd in the drive bays now so I don't need to touch the wiring again but not sure if there is a "dodgy" way I can mount it for the week or so. I was thinking of just using double sided tape to keep the sled in place then attaching the hdd to the sled?

As long as you have the room I suggest suspending them it basically eliminates all vibration:

http://lifehacker.com/378786/silence-your-hard-drive-with-elastic-suspenders