Quitest HDD?

9justinas9
Go to solution Solved by LPTechnoAce,

WD Red + Rubber grommets = Quietest HDD evaah

Hello guys. For about half a year ive been living with 512GB ssd only and im finally low on storage.

i have old HDD 320GB witch vibrates like a crazy and makes super annoying sound in my case.After it goes in iddle the whole room goes quiet. so i dont use it.

can you please help me choose right drive. Silence is my number one priority. generlly im going to use it for Torrents, backups and videos.My pc usualy runs half a day. as i said before im paranoid of vibration and R/W head noises as i have experriance with pretty old HDDs

im looking for 1-2TB of storage that has somewhat good R/W speeds

please share what drives do you use and witch would you buy and how loud is it?

WD Greens run at 5400RPM and are quite cheap, also consider rubber mounting to reduce vibration

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

WD green, 

also mount your HHD with rubber grommets, anti-vibration, quieter.

WD Green or WD Black.

And just to spam him, @Captain_WD can give you the excact dB of all the WD drives and their R/W speeds.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

WD Greens run at 5400RPM and are quite cheap, also consider rubber mounting to reduce vibration

yea i have read about wd green but most of them points a lot of cons like dies in first day or has a lot of bad sectors as well as spin down spin up causes motor to fail mutch quicker. you have mentioned rubber mounts. what are theys? my case is thermal take chaser a31 is it suitable for my case?

WD Green or WD Black.

And just to spam him, @Captain_WD can give you the excact dB of all the WD drives and their R/W speeds.

do you have wd black? i heared it has plenty of noise due to high rpm is it true?

WD green, 

also mount your HHD with rubber grommets, anti-vibration, quieter.

how do i fit them my case came with toolles hdd mount witch bends and fits in where do i find them?

yea i have read about wd green but most of them points a lot of cons like dies in first day or has a lot of bad sectors as well as spin down spin up causes motor to fail mutch quicker. you have mentioned rubber mounts. what are theys? my case is thermal take chaser a31 is it suitable for my case?

they are like rubber pieces on the drive sled where you put your hdd, usually on screw holes and main mounting points, you can buy 3rd party ones online because most 3.5 drive bays are universal

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Probably WD Green or Red.

is red reliable for personal pc users? i heared that its ment for 24/7 work

how do i fit them my case came with toolles hdd mount witch bends and fits in where do i find them?

Cost $2-3 at the tool store, homedepot, etc.

is red reliable for personal pc users? i heared that its ment for 24/7 work

If it can run 24/7, it'll obviously run at regular usages. 

do you have wd black? i heared it has plenty of noise due to high rpm is it true?

I have 2 WD Blues, they both run pretty quiet and as fast as I'd expect them to run - Can't hear them at all.

they are like rubber pieces on the drive sled where you put your hdd, usually on screw holes and main mounting points, you can buy 3rd party ones online because most 3.5 drive bays are universal

my hdd pay is toolles. it bends to fit iin drive and than it slides into bay. my pc is put on the table witch might amplifies vibration sound is it suitable for that kind of hdd mount?

my hdd pay is toolles. it bends to fit iin drive and than it slides into bay. my pc is put on the table witch might amplifies vibration sound is it suitable for that kind of hdd mount?

You should be good, try searching YouTube for a tutorial on how to use them

If it can run 24/7, it'll obviously run at regular usages. 

I have 2 WD Blues, they both run pretty quiet and as fast as I'd expect them to run - Can't hear them at all.

do you use some kind of anti noise things like groomits or something and can you tell me your case model? do you use raid0 or just two separate drives?

do you use some kind of anti noise things like groomits or something and can you tell me your case model? do you use raid0 or just two separate drives?

2 Separate drives (D:// and E://) along with a corsair SSD. No fancy after market grommits or anything as my Corsair Obsidian 750D has decent antivibration on it's tool-less mounts. The only noise in my case is my GPU which loves to be loud and proud, but I'd rather have that than burn my GPU (under 65C at load!).

You should be good, try searching YouTube for a tutorial on how to use them

ive found a lot of gheto solutions on youtube. did i mention that my case have window and i dont want to ruin its looks?

ive found a lot of gheto solutions on youtube. did i mention that my case have window and i dont want to ruin its looks?

You won't notice the difference

2 Separate drives (D:// and E://) along with a corsair SSD. No fancy after market grommits or anything as my Corsair Obsidian 750D has decent antivibration on it's tool-less mounts. The only noise in my case is my GPU which loves to be loud and proud, but I'd rather have that than burn my GPU (under 65C at load!).

its pretty good unfortunately mine is just a plain plastic what should i do?

You won't notice the difference

can you please suggest me something exact? 

its pretty good unfortunately mine is just a plain plastic what should i do?

I'd buy a WD Red / Green (or Black if you want) and try it. If the sound is too much for you, consider getting rubber grommets. 

WD Green, although my BLue is hardly deafening.

WD Red + Rubber grommets = Quietest HDD evaah

thanks can you please put some links where do i find them for thermal take chaser a31 case?

can you please suggest me something exact? 

I'm not extremely familiar with this stuff, I just know basics of rubber mounting and don't feel qualified to recommend you anything