The Future of Warp Drives -Not just SciFi

DevilishBooster

I'd really like to have this, I really wanna get off of this shitty planet full of cavemen.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Its been generally accepted for a long time that warp technology is not only possible but inevitable. Most of the work requires dark matter to be discovered and I believe there's a theoretical design for an anti matter drive which has been peer reviewed and as far as we can tell will work.

If this guy is legit then its a game changer, I'm doubtful but willing to believe him until his work is tested, only time will tell on this one.

The last time I looked at Warp Drives, which to be fair was a couple of years ago now, the main issue was that the spacetime metric required a region of space with a massively negative mass/energy. If this guy has found a way of getting around this issue and this gets confirmed, that's quite exiting because it's the exact same problem that was making wormholes infeasible too.

There have been a lot of articles written and speculation given on the possibility, plausibility, and feasibility of and actual warp drive technology. Apparently this man in Omaha, NE has successfully demonstrated the compression of the fabric of space and been able to bend lasers beams without the use of any optics.

http://www.paresspacewarpresearch.org/

In his interview he says that he is confident that in about 6 months they will have a working demonstration for the public. I don't know about you guys, but I am SUPER excited to see where this goes. This could be a huge game changer.

http://www.omaha.com/living/working-toward-a-warp-drive-in-his-garage-lab-omahan/article_b6489acf-5622-5419-ac18-0c44474da9c9.html?mode=jqm

So he uses Miguel Alcubierre's name on his site as a basis for his work, when the theory he presented is literally the silliest thing I have ever heard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Basically the theory goes like this.

1) Make bubble by changing the fabric of the universe. How? No information given. A "demo" of this would be turning water into wine...

2) Travel in the magic bubble like the witch from the Wizard of Oz. Inside the bubble you are not subject to rules (though they argue over this). Power craft in bubble with "exotic material that doesn't exist" (this is why you have magic crystals like in Star Trek). 

3) Exit the magic bubble. How? Welp if you get past step 1, I guess this isn't a problem.

The funny thing is they even argue over the energy costs, when step 1 is impossible. 

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
-Nikola Tesla

Also LOL at people comparing this crap to flight. We saw birds flying, we saw seeds falling off trees like a helicopter blade, and flying did not involve changing the fabric of the universe as it's first step. Alcubierre warp theory should be replaced by teleportation theory. Why? Cus if you can do step 1, why not just teleport around. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

- snip -

Seems like he looked at the original, and NASA's later revisions, but his work is from, apparently, a possible real world occurrence of similar phenomena in the earth's atmosphere. What he has apparently done is replicated that perfect storm of natural phenomena. Can't be sure, just cursory perusal, but it seems Alcubierre's theory is merely the seed giving them an idea of what to aim for.

This demonstration will probably be a movie prop that has "a future".

listening to the star trek soundtrack then I come along to reading this.......future is real now

Step 1: Develop warp drive

Step 2: build mega-huge space ship

Step 3: allow only nerds on board

Step 4: blow up planet upon reaching orbit

Step 5: ????

Step 6: eternal happiness.

Possible alternative to step 4: Establish no fly zone, erect anti space craft weaponry to prevent any of the following from leaving the planet

Lawyers

Politicians

Corporate CEO's with the except of his lordship GabeN

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs