Mini ITX LAN Build - GPU help?

DeadSurvivor

Intel Celeron G530 2.4

Lian-Li PC-Q07

Raidmax 530W PSU

2GB DDR3 1333 (Upgrading to 6gb when I can)

Foxconn H61S Mini ITX

I need an ok GPU that runs Minecraft, maybe APB:Reloaded, and LoL and has to be single slot and fit in this case

GPU budget around $50-$75

$50-$75 is pretty tight. Maybe a gtx650 will do? It's around $100

*edit* oh, when you say single slot, you really do mean a single slot. ahah.

La`~

did you already buy everything?

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

actually i decided to change the case to a elite 120 but now i need one that fits that motherboard and is in that price range

Anything below $100 is poor value. I would recommend at least a GT 640, which is around $80

do you think i should move up to MATX? its cheaper which increases the budget

An matx would be easier to build since you wound't need to worry about buying specific parts that actually fits in the itx case. It would also be a bit cheaper too.

La`~

yeah i decided to make an MATX build. It saved me alot of time and money. the case im using is the FD Core 1000

probably a 6750

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

for 75$ you won t get a good value for gpus... maybe save up a bit and buy a 7000 serie gpu when the 8000 serie come out?

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

not quite a mini itx build but it is small and has a lot of power:

HAF XB

AsRock Z77 Extreme 9

Intel i5 3570k

EVGA GTX GeForce 670 FTW 2048GB x 2 in SLI

Corsair AX860i

Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB Kit (2x8) @ 2400 Mhz

OCZ Vector 512GB x 2 for storage (RAID 0 Debatable) (or other more affordable storage solution)

and for cooling :

NZXT Kraken X60

Price: around £2,500 +/- 5%

sorry if this isnt quite useful i am in the UK so prices may vary :3

this may not be an ITX or m-ITX build but it is a very small ATX build so it has the small size of ITX (bit bigger but still small) but is more powerful and can still be expanded upon.

also parts in this build have a huge variety without having to worry about price or size because you can alter it to suit you, like swap graphics cards more to suit your price bracket or get more HDD's for more storage which is why i think somthing of this nature can be very good as a 'LAN Box' or just a very small ATX build.

Hope i could help :3

I am just going to guess the build posted by CallyGKilla is not anywhere near your budget^^

If you really only need a graphics card, I'd recommend a 7770 (if it fits in your budget) or a 7750. I have tried the 7770 and it is a really good entry level card, doesn't run too hot either. (something to keep in mind in a small pc).

I am just going to guess the build posted by CallyGKilla is not anywhere near your budget^^

If you really only need a graphics card, I'd recommend a 7770 (if it fits in your budget) or a 7750. I have tried the 7770 and it is a really good entry level card, doesn't run too hot either. (something to keep in mind in a small pc).

yeah i have about $300 bucks and i might be able to scavenge $50 but that would be all.

• 3 weeks later...

apb reloaded great game i put like 24 hours into it in the last 3 or so days XD

HAF XB

AsRock Z77 Extreme 9

Intel i5 3570k

Corsair AX860i

OCZ Vector 512GB x 2 for storage (RAID 0 Debatable) (or other more affordable storage solution)

and for cooling :

NZXT Kraken X60

this may not be an ITX or m-ITX build but it is a very small ATX build so it has the small size of ITX (bit bigger but still small) but is more powerful and can still be expanded upon.

also parts in this build have a huge variety without having to worry about price or size because you can alter it to suit you, like swap graphics cards more to suit your price bracket or get more HDD's for more storage which is why i think somthing of this nature can be very good as a 'LAN Box' or just a very small ATX build.

You do realise that's about tripple his budget?

I'm not sure I would use the Power supply you listed. I would recommend a better made one, such as the Corsair 430 or an Antec Neo Eco. Nothing is worse than a crap power supply bricking your entire system...

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle

HAF XB

AsRock Z77 Extreme 9

Intel i5 3570k

Corsair AX860i

and for cooling :

NZXT Kraken X60

You do realise that's about tripple his budget?

i know that this is triple his budget but that is why i said there are lots of things you can switch out. that's why i think a small form ATX is better than a mini ITX or ITX build because there is more flexibility. switch out for a cheaper mobo or cheaper storage solution, GPU.... etc. its not about the price its about the flexibility you can have with your bug et cheaper mobo of the same socket no performance drop with a cheaper price. platter drives instead of SSD's for price over performance.

HAF XB

AsRock Z77 Extreme 9

Intel i5 3570k

Corsair AX860i

and for cooling :

NZXT Kraken X60

The only thing you could keep in that setup would be the case. He only has a budget of about $800, and yes I can understand putting forward an idea of something and then bits that you can change but highlighting a build nearly 5 times his budget is a bit ridiculous.