Dell U3415W, get it reviewed asap!

Chiaki

Greetings,

First I hope the guys at Linus tech tips sees this, because it got me kinda hyped. Dell has annouced their new curved 21:9 U3415W on various sites here in Europe. I did try to check up dell.com and dell.ca, but couldn't find it listed as a product. Hopefully it will show up soon.

I checked stores over here in Europe as well and they have an ETA 10-15th of January 2015.

To me, 4K is still "dead" as a Windows 8.1 user, where text/applications etc. doesn't scale very well and hardware today can't really give you a enjoyable framerate in games at a reasonable price. Same with the monitors, a good 32" 4k IPS panel costs a fortune (I am no pro player or hardcore FPS player, so IPS is clearly the winner for me). And with 8K already announed, I am not sure if 4K will be just a short glimpse, as HD-ready/720P was.. Before Full-HD/1080P took over shortly after.

So I really agree with Linus that 21:9 is currently the most exciting monitor to go for right now. I was just a click or two away from buying 34UC97.. But as LG doesn't have PC monitors covered in my region, meaning if something were to happen to it if I had it imported.. Could lead to consequences for me. I know that LG got monitors covered in USA and Canada, but there are several countries in Europe they are not doing PC monitors. Dell has a much more global coverage here and I know Dell make good IPS/Photo enthusiast monitors (sRGB 99%) as I own a Dell U2711 and I've been loving it for 4-5 years now. It's a 2560x1440 monitor and I think it strikes a perfect balance of DPI and no need to scale as with 4K. And of course the huge advantage of cinematic aspect ratio in movies and games.. Though some games have problems with 21:9.

Dell U3415W is also $500-600 cheaper here in Norway, compared to LGs 34UC97. Also heard rumors that Dell will use the same panel in their U3415W as in 34UC97.. But rumors are rumors.

Would be great to have a rival or competitor against the 34UC97, as it is currently the only true challenger to LGs 34UC97. AOC also made a flat 34" 21:9, same panel as the 34UM95 and suffers the same light leakage as LG.

Hope you guys could try to check up with Dell, I am sure they have an engineering/test sample over there.. And what is better for them to give LGs 34UC97 some competition? though it's a small market for 21:9 (I think).

Thanks

+ it has a proper base, with tilt, swivel, height adjust and a 100x100mm VESA mount!

I don't have very much experience with multiple Dell IPS monitors, but I know that mine, U2711 and a friends U2713 is really pure gold!

I think i would be good to include the dell u3415w in a 2014 21:9 round up.

with afew coming out since the lg curved i would be interested in seeing if his view's have changed

Its all about those volumetric clouds

As far as I know the LG and Dell will share the same panel.

I think i would be good to include the dell u3415w in a 2014 21:9 round up.

with afew coming out since the lg curved i would be interested in seeing if his view's have changed

Agreed!

As far as I know the LG and Dell will share the same panel.

I did read this somewhere as well, do you have any confirming source on this?

I noticed that Dells U3415W has 91% RGB, but 99% sRGB, and LGs U3497C has 99,5% RGB and 99% sRGB.. As a gamer, probably just using the "Standard" profile, does the 8% normal RGB difference matter in any way?

I did read this somewhere as well, do you have any confirming source on this?

LG normally oem for Dell and Apple. Same way Samsung oem for Asus.

LG normally oem for Dell and Apple. Same way Samsung oem for Asus.

Yeah, usually 3-4 manufacturers on displays and they oem others. Do you know anything about the sRGB/RGB above and if it matters in games?

Soon.

157d8b8375.png

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

See it in action 

Really eager for review, before I decide if to buy it.

CPU:  i7 4790K   Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i   MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII   GPU: Asus GTX980 STRIX   RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 1600MHz
SSD: Samsung EVO 250Gb   HDD: WD Red 1Tb   PSU: Corsair AX860i    Case: Corsair 450D

Why not wait for a similar monitor with Adaptive Sync? It's not like Nvidia is never going to support an industry standard, once it becomes big enough.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Luckily I heard about the curved Dell U3415W before I bought the AOC 21:9 because the Dell is only 150CHF more. 889CHF in total. The other curved LGs are starting at 1200CHF+ so I think the Dell is a pretty good deal. Especially with the better stand, HDMI 2.0 etc. Today my retailer in Switzerland listed it and I ordered it right away. But no delivery date yet. Hopefully that changes in the coming days. Going to replace my U2711.

A review by Linus would still be nice though ;-).

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean