LTT Skype?

Simons

A better way to do this (given just how insanely insecure Skype is and how much the crew have slammed it in the past) would be to just implement an IRC chat into the LTT forum. We could have it as a little chatroom where anyone can go on and just share ideas or banter about things. It would be much better than piling post after post on dying threads and waiting for notifications. No need for everyone to spend time signing into yet another account and logging into a skype chat somewhere. Not everyone's going to want to do that. Be simpler and easier to just have it here.

@LinusTech How would you feel about having a chatroom on the LTT website for the forum members?

There was IRC a long time ago but its now dead because of too much inactivity. There won't be any offical text chat because moderation would need too much resources. The Twitch chat is already good example and we could already use that one as platform. You can pretty easily setup it to use IRC as interface.

Btw. List of unoffical and offical communities http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38415-unofficial-ltt-community-and-server-database/

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Heck yeah, I'm in. You'll find my Skype name in my profile.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |