LTT Skype?

Simons

Hello guys,

What do you guys think about making a LTT skype group chat?

If you wanna be apart of it, either leave your skype in here or pm me your skype to be added.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

That sounds nice as well, but this is mostly mean to be text based.

As some users tend to use different teamspeak servers already and just wanna have fun chatting with each other, I think this is a nice thing to have.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

That sounds nice as well, but this is mostly mean to be text based.

As some users tend to use different teamspeak servers already and just wanna have fun chatting with each other, I think this is a nice thing to have.

Isn't that what the forum is meant for? Kind of at least?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

It is of course, but I was referring to random usual chit chat, that somewhat seems to be stupid, to put onto a forum.

Somewhat a lounge, if that would make sense.

Basically an IRC chatroom?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Somewhat yes.

Heck yeah, I'm in. You'll find my Skype name in my profile.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Heck yeah, I'm in. You'll find my Skype name in my profile.

Added :)

Not trying to reinvent the wheel, but it was just an easy way for most people to get in contact with other LTTs and alot of users tend to use Skype more than IRCs.

Also where do you find them LTT teamspeak servers at?

Added :)

Not trying to reinvent the wheel, but it was just an easy way for most people to get in contact with other LTTs and alot of users tend to use Skype more than IRCs.

Also where do you find them LTT teamspeak servers at?

Here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I go there sometimes.

It's all fun and games until there's a troll that's subscribed to those skype DDOS websites.

So, just text based chatting? I'm up for it if i don't have to call strangers (no offence intended) 

You dont have to call strangers etc, its just text based and still so. Else we can always join them teamspeak servers.

Added a few more people onto skype, they'll be invited to the chat soon.

Added a few more people onto skype, they'll be invited to the chat soon.

You haven't invited me yet.

The LTT TS are all pretty much dead. I don't think a Skype group will last that long. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Still worth a try none the less.

Why not IRC?  Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

IRC is still awesome :D Depends on how active people will be but I think a IRC channel would be a more welcome addition than just one massive skype spam chat

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Just added a few people, a few are still pending to accept my invite to be added into our group chat.

I'm down for this, I have PMed OP my Skype name.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I'm down for this, I have PMed OP my Skype name.

Added to the group.

A better way to do this (given just how insanely insecure Skype is and how much the crew have slammed it in the past) would be to just implement an IRC chat into the LTT forum. We could have it as a little chatroom where anyone can go on and just share ideas or banter about things. It would be much better than piling post after post on dying threads and waiting for notifications. No need for everyone to spend time signing into yet another account and logging into a skype chat somewhere. Not everyone's going to want to do that. Be simpler and easier to just have it here.

@LinusTech How would you feel about having a chatroom on the LTT website for the forum members?