Missing space on SSD

vlado88
Go to solution Solved by trem77,

The only thing I can think off : 

Go to system properties , system protection, click on your drive, configure , turn off system protection , and see how much is freed.

Also type in search : %temp% check how much is there.

Do you have more than one User ?

Good luck :P

Yea that's the problem. Sorry I should have explained better.

If that's the problem, it sounds like an uncommon one, I'd check with either windows forums or a storage forum.

Woo!

i thinks something is reserving that part of storage hmm pagefile maybe

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Try Disktective.

Shows the same as SpaceSnifer and WinDirStat.

If that's the problem, it sounds like an uncommon one, I'd check with either windows forums or a storage forum.

Yea I usually do a research before asking in the forums for help, but couldn't find anything usefull.

i thinks something is reserving that part of storage hmm pagefile maybe

That's one of the reasons I posted the screenshots, you can see the pagefiles there.

Go to system properties , system protection, click on your drive, configure , turn off system protection , and see how much is freed.

at the first screenshot i didnt see "System Volume Information" and at the second screenshot i saw that "System Volume Information" folder is 0 bytes and thats not possible for a windows system drive then it means its not reading disk usage for that folder at all. System Volume Information contains registry keys and windows system restore backups so if registry keys doesnt take more than (i would say 100mb) then its windows system restore taking that space?!

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Could it be windows accounting for maximum page file, and other programs just looking at actual page file size?

Woo!

That did it. THANK YOU!

I feel kinda stupid for overlooking this...and it makes sense why the free space went down after uninstalling, there were 40GB of restore point. Although I don't get why it used so much space by default, or why non of the programs I used detected it.

Anyway thanks again to all for the help.

at the first screenshot i didnt see "System Volume Information" and at the second screenshot i saw that "System Volume Information" folder is 0 bytes and thats not possible for a windows system drive then it means its not reading disk usage for that folder at all. System Volume Information contains registry keys and windows system restore backups so if registry keys doesnt take more than (i would say 100mb) then its windows system restore taking that space?!

Yea system restore, you had it right too.