Will a mic pick up noise leakage from open headphones?

Whorax

Like the guy in this video...

He's using open headphones/headset and I can't hear any leakage. Are you essentially saying that if there is leakage that's being picked up its minuscule enough that it can't be heard?

If it's miniscule enough it will be masked by the noise floor and the other sounds. Any headphone would likely work for a use like that in the linked video as there are a lot of other sounds that will drown out whatever leaked noise that gets picked up.

It is a totally different thing if you are recording things like music, particularly ones with lots of quiet portions.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone actually tried this? I would like to use these with a blue yeti/at2020+/blue snowball. If i am live streaming a game will game audio from something such as ad700xs leak into them? Sorry to dig up an old thread but noone seemed to actually answer the question. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Has anyone actually tried this? I would like to use these with a blue yeti/at2020+/blue snowball. If i am live streaming a game will game audio from something such as ad700xs leak into them? Sorry to dig up an old thread but noone seemed to actually answer the question. Thanks.

I recon this will get locked for reviving a long dead thread, but to answer your question (and I suppose my original one:P): I'm currently using an Audio-Technica AT2035 with Sennheiser HD598 headphones, and I don't experience any of my sound leakage being picked up by my mic. Maybe sometimes when I have the volume up to unnecessarily loud levels, but I never listen to anything at those unnecessarily loud levels to begin with, so it's not a problem for me.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))