£150-£200 DSLR?

So I'm looking for a new camera and I would really want a DSLR one. I'm looking to spend around £150-£200 ($233-$311 USD), anyone got any recommedations?

I've found the Canon 450D so far, I've used on before and thought they were pretty good but wondering if there are better ones for the money out there!

You can probably find a used Canon T3 (1100D) for that price.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You can probably find a used Canon T3 (1100D) for that price.

Body only, cheapest is £198 which is pretty good

What about the 'Samsung GX10' ?

-sees brand-

hmmm samsung, not my taste, appears to be risky.

-reads info form link-

Pentaprism for 95% field of view

wich means you don't see the edge of you picture with the viewfinder, not really optimal.

the OPS seems only to work with auto focus, not with manual.

the button lay out seems kinda weird in my eyes, like the dedicated RAW button on the front or the small hinge on the back to open something.

here is a little comparison of the 1100D/ T3 on hte backs, wich are actually the most important part since your hands are there most of the time, that would be the biggest hurdle for me when picking a new DSLR.

the canon:

l.jpg

the samsung:

Samsung_GX10_back_full.jpg

I ahve a 1200D myself, wich has nearly the exact same back(except the display and Q button being somewhere else) and i got to say, aslong you aren't pressing the wrong button(like gallery button instead of display) it works perfectly and the important things are within reach when ever you need them.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I would argue that the sensor & lenses are the most important part of any camera

Workstation:
Intel Core i7 5820k @ 4.4Ghz, Asus Rampage V Extreme, 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400 DDR4,2 x Nvidia 980 Gtx Reference Cards in Sli,
1TB - 4 x 250Gb Samsung Evo 840 Raid 0, Corsair AX1200i, Lian Li PC-D600 Silver.

I would argue that the sensor & lenses are the most important part of any camera

yes it basicly is, but with both DLSRs already being aged a bit and both proven not to be junk their sensors would be fine and for lenses, yeah it just depends on what you get/have/want then.

-sees brand-

hmmm samsung, not my taste, appears to be risky.

-reads info form link-

wich means you don't see the edge of you picture with the viewfinder, not really optimal.

the OPS seems only to work with auto focus, not with manual.

the button lay out seems kinda weird in my eyes, like the dedicated RAW button on the front or the small hinge on the back to open something.

here is a little comparison of the 1100D/ T3 on hte backs, wich are actually the most important part since your hands are there most of the time, that would be the biggest hurdle for me when picking a new DSLR.

the canon:

l.jpg

the samsung:

Samsung_GX10_back_full.jpg

I ahve a 1200D myself, wich has nearly the exact same back(except the display and Q button being somewhere else) and i got to say, aslong you aren't pressing the wrong button(like gallery button instead of display) it works perfectly and the important things are within reach when ever you need them.

I found a 1100D body only for £180, is it worth it? I have some quite old lenses for an old canon (that took films!), would they work with this camera?

I found a 1100D body only for £180, is it worth it? I have some quite old lenses for an old canon (that took films!), would they work with this camera?

the 1100D is sure worth the £180, altough i wouldnt know if the lenses would fit, since canon uses 2 type of connectors on their lower tier DSLR's, wich are a white square and a red circle/dot. aslong your older lenses have these kind of connections it should be possible to use them.

the 1100D is sure worth the £180, altough i wouldnt know if the lenses would fit, since canon uses 2 type of connectors on their lower tier DSLR's, wich are a white square and a red circle/dot. aslong your older lenses have these kind of connections it should be possible to use them.

Heres a picture of the lense, not really sure what I'm looking for! Acquired these from my parents a while back:

I'm guessing its the red dot on the side, will this be compatible?

post-65917-0-46839900-1420209905_thumb.j

post-65917-0-32444200-1420210024_thumb.j

Heres a picture of the lense, not really sure what I'm looking for! Acquired these from my parents a while back:

I'm guessing its the red dot on the side, will this be compatible?

ahh yes, those are perfect, it is indeed the red dot that i meant.

these lenses will be fine if you learn to use them properly(like all lenses)

ahh yes, those are perfect, it is indeed the red dot that i meant.

these lenses will be fine if you learn to use them properly(like all lenses)

Thanks for your help! Currently keeping an eye on a few on Ebay, just missed one that had 2 lenses and went for £160  :angry: