First boot success , now what?

Biology

So I did my first boot and It took me to my bios.. Now what ? I have q code 64 on my mobo board but everything seems to be good. I have 2400mhz ram but it's only showing 1333 on my bios?

I7 4790k

H105 cooler

G1 gtx 970

Asus vii hero

Evga g2 750

Corsair vengeance 16gb 2400

So I did my first boot and It took me to my bios.. Now what ? I have q code 64 on my mobo board but everything seems to be good. I have 2400mhz ram but it's only showing 1333 on my bios?

I7 4790k

H105 cooler

G1 gtx 970

Asus vii hero

Evga g2 750

Install OS? No clue on the ram tho, that board supports up to 3200mhz.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

By default, your RAM is underclocked to safe boot values. You can access your RAM's XMP Profile (because you're on Intel) and it will clock it up to factory settings. Run your OS install, and install it to your drive. Boot in, and immediately head here:

https://ninite.com/ - You can download pretty much all of your essential software(s) here. It doesn't install itself (Ninite) on your PC, and there are no toolbars, Browsers, or anything. The program downloads and installs everything you check. 

http://support.asus.com/Search/KDetail.aspx?SLanguage=en&no=D751D000-D3A0-2F5E-8A5D-B3390808A905&t=2

Install OS? No clue on the ram tho, that board supports up to 3200mhz.

Do I just exit the bios?

Do I just exit the bios?

yes

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Do I just exit the bios?

Yes. Save and Exit the BIOS. (After selecting your XMP Profile.) and insert your CD / Flash Drive with Windows on it. Head back into your BIOS, and select to boot from that device. You can bring up your boot menu, but I find it less of a headache to boot into the device right from your BIOS.

Make sure to enable XMP profile to enable the 2400 mhz then save and exit

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

I7 4790k

H105 cooler

G1 gtx 970

Asus vii hero

Evga g2 750

first you have to dance a little . then leave bios . don't touch any value just install OS . see what is the time of installation . then run it for 7 days on stock to see everything is working fine. do a 30 mints stress test on stock and note down temps voltage and everything. if everything is smooth then go enable your XMP if you are new if you are overclocker . then you know the rest if not then ask us after doing these things :D congratz  have fun . Well come to family ;)

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

How do I do this?

How do I do this?

don't do it . first run everything on stock. for atleast 2 days and see if there is any problem in stock values.XMP is not a rocket flying. just one click enables it but you don't need it there are many ways to make ram run on 2400mhz. first check your parts on stock

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

don't do it . first run everything on stock. for atleast 2 days and see if there is any problem in stock values.

Setting your RAM to its X.M.P profile is completely safe. Please do not intimidate him. The profiles are calibrated values set for each individual stick to allow them to run at their standard (NOT OVERCLOCKED) speeds. Intimidating and scaring people is not a good approach. 

don't do it . first run everything on stock. for atleast 2 days and see if there is any problem in stock values.XMP is not a rocket flying. just one click enables it but you don't need it there are many ways to make ram run on 2400mhz. first check your parts on stock

Hes running his cpu on stock speeds. And the XMP profile is tested at that rated speeds. There would not be an issue if the enables it or disables it. 2400 mhz is faster than 1333. But not by a whole lot. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Setting your RAM to its X.M.P profile is completely safe. Please do not intimidate him. The profiles are calibrated values set for each individual stick to allow them to run at their standard (NOT OVERCLOCKED) speeds. Intimidating and scaring people is not a good approach.

This is true. Just keep in mind that once he starts overclocking those 2400 mhz will become unstable

So I did the ez tuning and now this is showing...

Make sure that the CPU fan is giving a reading. Plug in the 3 pin pump header or the fan

This is true. Just keep in mind that once he starts overclocking those 2400 mhz will become unstable

I replied and attached something.. Please take a look.. It's a post above you

So I did the ez tuning and now this is showing...

I'm not entirely sure, but I remember receiving this error when I didn't have my CPU's heatsink fan plugged in. I'm using a Hyper 212+ in push-pull, so I didn't need to use my CPU fan slot. I set it to Ignore it in the monitoring section, but you probably don't want to ignore it, unless you're explicitly not using it. Confirm that your CPU fan is plugged in. Also, I wouldn't really recommend running the EZ Tuner utility. Especially not before you have an OS. 

First i'm not Intimidating or scaring him . and by the way XMP is not stock never considered as stock . 1333mhz is the stock value of chip . XMP tested means Checked on extreme memory profile . it clearly means OVERCLOCKED .  

Hes running his cpu on stock speeds. And the XMP profile is tested at that rated speeds. There would not be an issue if the enables it or disables it. 2400 mhz is faster than 1333. But not by a whole lot. 

yeah it is faster and not alot i know . sometimes putting ram on 2400mhz put it on CL10 or CL11 timings which is way slower then CL9 1600-1866mhz . i want him to check his ram on CL9 timings first before kicking it up.

Make sure that the CPU fan is giving a reading. Plug in the 3 pin pump header or the fan

I did plug something in the cpu fan header, but not the cpu opt

you gave the answer here . that's why i'm telling him to stay on 1333 and check it on CL9 first.

I replied and attached something.. Please take a look.. It's a post above you

at 4.6 ghz the 4790k would likely not be able to keep that 2400 mhz mem speeds. But that issue seems like its a cpu fan issue rather than a memory issue. But if that is the case than bump the memory down to 1866 if that still gives you an issue than 1600 mhz. If it is unstable at 1600 mhz that there is something Def wrong. 

First i'm not Intimidating or scaring him . and by the way XMP is not stock never considered as stock . 1333mhz is the stock value of chip . XMP tested means Checked on extreme memory profile . it clearly means OVERCLOCKED .  

yeah it is faster and not alot i know . sometimes putting ram on 2400mhz put it on CL10 or CL11 timings which is way slower then CL9 1600-1866mhz . i want him to check his ram on CL9 timings first before kicking it up.

...His RAM is set to run at 2400mhz. That's not an overclock by any means. It's simply the speed at which the RAM runs. Nothing more. The values are set to the low 1333mhz to allow, without a doubt, safe booting. So much so you wouldn't need to check the clocks on your RAM. XMP and AMD's equivalent are completely safe. 

I did plug something in the cpu fan header, but not the cpu opt

bro go to bios again and in boot tab trun off F1 error msg.but make sure your CPU fan is runing. press F7 and see fan RPM in lower left corner. CPU OPT header is for Extar fan if you want to do PUSH PULL setting for CPU cooler or you can put pump cable there.

...His RAM is set to run at 2400mhz. That's not an overclock by any means. It's simply the speed at which the RAM runs. Nothing more. The values are set to the low 1333mhz to allow, without a doubt, safe booting. So much so you wouldn't need to check the clocks on your RAM. XMP and AMD's equivalent are completely safe.

You win i lose . you have no idea about ram speeds timings and anything else. do you know that is the base clock frequency of any ram Chip ? even of a 3200OC ram ? if you know what base clock means then you can understand what am i saying.

bro go to bios again and in boot tab trun off F1 error msg.but make sure your CPU fan is runing. press F7 and see fan RPM in lower left corner. CPU OPT header is for Extar fan if you want to do PUSH PULL setting for CPU cooler or you can put pump cable there.

Alright I rebooted and yeah it's my fault the cpu can wasn't plugged in lol. Anyway , it goes straight to bios now when I reboot. So everything is good.. How do I install OS from here?

Alright I rebooted and yeah it's my fault the cpu can wasn't plugged in lol. Anyway , it goes straight to bios now when I reboot. So everything is good.. How do I install OS from here?

If you have a WIndows Installation disc, put it into your CD Drive. Then select to boot from the CD drive in the boot tab of your BIOS. The same goes for if you're installing from a Flash Drive.