Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4

Simons
Go to solution Solved by Analog,

Whats your opinion on this motherboard?

I am going to pair it up with the I7 5820k and havent really decided just yet with the memory, but I kinda want the G.Skill Ripjaws 4, but I dont really wanna throw down the money for 16GB to start with, trying to find some 8GB instead, and then get the last 8GB later on.

Gigabyte had the worst X79 boards last time; their BIOS was just terrible and they didn't really botehr fixing anything up. I would go with the MSI X99 SLI, that board is amazing for it's price! It also looks superb and has a lot of features. 

I am going to pair it up with the I7 5820k and havent really decided just yet with the memory, but I kinda want the G.Skill Ripjaws 4, but I dont really wanna throw down the money for 16GB to start with, trying to find some 8GB instead, and then get the last 8GB later on.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

It would be decent, but apparently a lot of them are DOA. I would get this one since it looks good with everything and has pretty god features.

Dont bother with 8GB if you are going enthusiast, that is like getting an F1 car then using a toy wheel.

No, just no. He said he will upgrade later, and you really don't need more ram or most things.

Gigabyte had the worst X79 boards last time; their BIOS was just terrible and they didn't really botehr fixing anything up. I would go with the MSI X99 SLI, that board is amazing for it's price! It also looks superb and has a lot of features. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Thanks for the advice, I will most likely go with the MSI X99 instead, also yes I will be getting 16GB, but im just trying to see if I can spare some money right here and now to not throw out 2000$, as it is quiet costly in Denmark to buy computer parts to say the least.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2