Rate my gaming build

BrettMW

Are you going to post pictures?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No because my cable management is horrific :D

I found I had very little space in the Cooler Master Elite 344 which didn't help with cable management, and the 3.5" HDD would only fit in 1 of the 3 slots (one of the was obscured by the graphics card and the other by the CPU cooler)

Edit: Correction on HDD slots - it actually has 4 and it would fit in the top 2, however for the top slot, you would have to install it before the CPU cooler as you can't get it in while the CPU cooler is in.

For a budget rig, that's actually really good.

Pics?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

10/10

love the prioritization, you spent the money where it matters... graphics.

Yep - I'm quite pleased with the overall performance for the price. It can run Battlefield 4 at reasonable settings no problem, Black Ops 2 at full settings gets 60FPS no probs.

One thing I would consider a bit more if doing this build again is an SSD... you really notice the difference with general OS tasks, gaming loading times etc.

Pics?

Ok I'll see if I can find a camera...

Pics?

Have added pics to first post :)

Nice humble desk setup. The cable management .. can use some cable management.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That cable management it a liability. Is there no way for you to reroute those cables to the back?

That's going to kill some air flow, and you're running a fairly big risk of them jamming your fans.

EDIT: That desk though. Clean as fuck.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Yep - I like a clean, distraction-free gaming setup.

I agree about the cable management (or the lack of)... are you supposed to wire most of the behind the platform that holds the motherboard?

That cable management it a liability. Is there no way for you to reroute those cables to the back?

That's going to kill some air flow, and you're running a fairly big risk of them jamming your fans.

I don't think it's going to be easy routing the cables around the back. I didn't really think about it much when building. I should really have a look at fixing it. Although I'm confident it won't jam my fans - I made doubly sure of that using a few cable ties etc.

And the desk - yup clean as. Any clutter affects my game performance.

Yep - I like a clean, distraction-free gaming setup.

I agree about the cable management (or the lack of)... are you supposed to wire most of the behind the platform that holds the motherboard?

Depending on the case, yes.

At the very least, you should try to keep cables away from the motherboard since that is sort of the centerpiece. 

20 minutes and 10 cable ties later... how's this? :D

DSCF0595.jpg

20 minutes and 10 cable ties later... how's this? :D

DSCF0595.jpg

Yes, much better. I would tie the cables on the other side of the hdd cage if possible.

Yes, much better. I would tie the cables on the other side of the hdd cage if possible.

Ok... any particular reason for that? The reason I put them on that side is because of those black cables - they are reasonably stiff any I didn't want to break any connectors on the motherboard by putting them on the back of the case. Same with the GPU power cable - it's already bent enough as it is.

BTW thanks @WoodenMarker and @Statik for the cable management feedback - made me get into action and sort out my cable management :)

Ok... any particular reason for that? The reason I put them on that side is because of those black cables - they are reasonably stiff any I didn't want to break any connectors on the motherboard by putting them on the back of the case. Same with the GPU power cable - it's already bent enough as it is.

BTW thanks @WoodenMarker and @Statik for the cable management feedback - made me get into action and sort out my cable management :)

I'd put them there just to make it look cleaner. 

More cable shouldn't be needed.

2b5f58d6692ca34eb665696dd4cef525.png

It has no room with all those cables in front of it :<

Ah - I have since fixed the cable management :)

See the picture below

DSCF0595.jpg

I like what you did for your PC, although my PC is the same price... I have a case that is pretty spacey in some parts that i'm able to use.

I have a decent PC but i have an i5 4670K instead... and a 560ti which is about the same as the 750ti

its old parts in an old case with no modification and sub par cable management i going to give it a 2 out of 10