Unable to boot from DVD + DVI-I port not working

Go to solution Solved by Gofspar,

Try a USB stick for the boot and try to plug your monitor on the DVI port on the motherboard.

MOBO: Asus Z97-A

CPU: Intel Core i3 - 4330

Graphics card: Sapphire Dual-X Radeon HD6970

SSD: Intel 530 120Gb

RAM: Kingston Hyper X (8Gb)

Hey everyone!

I built my computer this morning, but I ran into 2 issues, the 1st one, I can't seem to be able to boot from the DVD, it's just always goes back to the BIOS, and the second, I own a Qnix 27" screen which only has a dual link DVI port, and when I plug it in my graphics card, it doesn't work, is it because I don't have any drivers installed (well...I don't have Windows at all, actually...)? The HDMI port works when I plug it in my TV though.

Thank you! :)

Try a USB stick for the boot and try to plug your monitor on the DVI port on the motherboard.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Yeah my motherboard has a single link DVI port, so I guess it won't, I'll probably focus on installing Windows and then try to make the display work.

*facepalm* My graphics card wasn't connected to my power supply so.... anyways...

Edited by gen035

Yeah my motherboard has a single link DVI port, so I guess it won't, I'll probably focus on installing Windows and then try to make the display work.

*facepalm* My graphics card wasn't connected to my power supply so.... anyways...

you could try to create a bootable usb stick and use that for the install, also be sure to select your dvd drive as first boot device in bios/uefi...

you could try to create a bootable usb stick and use that for the install, also be sure to select your dvd drive as first boot device in bios/uefi...

Bootable USB worked perfectly, thanks