My first pc build - 'Grey Beard' 4790k/2x980's/750d Silver&Black Theme

erick

Hi there

I've never posted on here before, but I've been poking around here for a while. I also never thought I'd have the nerve to post pics of my first pc build, but, it turned out really good (imo) so..... Here goes!!

The complete build and all the detailed info is posted over at http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/nJRG3C

It is a silver and black themed build and I just finished it. I went through a lot of Rust-Oleum Metallic Paint & Primer in Titanium Silver. The whole build was based around the Silver Armor.

The cpu is running at 4.6 with a slight overclock and the gpu's are running at around 1400 on boost with a light overclock using Evga Precision.

All the temps are great and the performance is everything I had hoped for. Honestly, I would have been happy if it had just turned on! 

Still to do- A small black logo on top of the hd cage and some custom sleeved cables in black/silver in the near future.

Thanks for looking and thank you for all the great info posted around here that totally helped this rookie accomplish his goal.

Cheers

Eric

Here are some pics of my little monster!

ps- For whatever reason the lighting appears somewhat "purple-ish", but it is actually a nice white hue, hard to capture on a phone camera!

26_zps45e5516a.jpg

12_zps29bda999.jpg

29_zps9c404702.jpg

19_zps5d88e787.jpg

28_zps4691433c.jpg

23_zps45fde3df.jpg

33_zpsf8b53d34.jpg

Very clean! I love it :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Wow She is a beauty, I might be a bit jealous.

Welcome to the forum.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

Lovely build! I LOVE what you did with the graphics cars. My only suggestion would be . Watercool it! and add one color like Red or Orange for a dramatic effect.

Interested in Business and Technology

Awesome!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Much appreciated!

It is my first pc build and I really didn't realize how little I knew until I did this! 

Thanks again!

Good god that is a beautiful build. Nice work man! Now you make me want to really clean up my build lol.

Not bad but the cables look unfinished IMO. Get some braids in there dude they look so much better.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

The cables just scream for sleeving in my opinion. Even one or two lines of the grey colour may do the trick to maintain the "stealth" feel

Why nvidia GPU's?

Or do you have plans into WC'ing this beauty?

Awesome build man, love it.

If there is one thing I don't like is the monitor/GPU combo, 2x 980s seem like too big of a overkill for single 1440p 60Hz screen.

If there is one thing I don't like is the monitor/GPU combo, 2x 980s seem like too big of a overkill for single 1440p 60Hz screen.

Depends how you game. If you like high MSAA then you need it. Even at 1080p I've given my Titans something to think about with max MSAA.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Not bad at all, looks very clean.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Depends how you game. If you like high MSAA then you need it. Even at 1080p I've given my Titans something to think about with max MSAA.

Single 980 will give 60 fps on most games even with 8xMSAA at 1440p. Sure it will drop to like 40 on some less optimized games.

I haven't seen it for myself, but I hear on 1440p and 4k, you can't really see difference between 4x/8x MSAA...

Not bad but the cables look unfinished IMO. Get some braids in there dude they look so much better.

The cables just scream for sleeving in my opinion. Even one or two lines of the grey colour may do the trick to maintain the "stealth" feel

Why nvidia GPU's?

Or do you have plans into WC'ing this beauty?

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

As far as sleeved cables..... they are coming, I promise!! 

As far as water cooling.... maybe coming. When my skills match my ambition a little more. My initials are EK, so it seems like it could be fate! haha 

As far as "overkill" with 2x980's at 1440p, I can assure you, it's not. I am a graphics nut and to have everything on max with vsync on, this setup is just enough with the current titles. Don't get me wrong, it's great but, it just does the trick. Also my aim was to get an Asus Rog Swift and I think that if I do in the future, this will be perfect. Also, Oculus Rift is very, very high on my priorities for stuff around the corner and I want as much horsepower as I can afford.

Thanks again

Eric

Pretty.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Beautiful, perfect color scheme, I'm pretty jealous right now.

My systems & devices: 

First Rig
Budget Build:  Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0  | AMD FX-6350 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz (2X4GB) | Asus Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 2GB | 1TB WD Blue + 500GB WD Green | Corsair Builder CX750W | Zalman Z12 Plus
Peripherals
Steelseries Rival Optical Mouse,  Apex Keyboard, H Wireless Headset
Mobile Devices
One Plus One Sandstone Black

might as well call it the bat pc xD
at first i thought it was kinda boring, but after letting it sink in for a while i look at the pictures and think: close to perfect , i like "stealth" looking things :)
pretty much like cars, i don't want a flashy thing, i want the performance to do the talking ^^ and that's what this beauty will do!

=> note to pretty much all build loggers: put the spec list in the post PLEASE in stead of a link -_-' 

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

might as well call it the bat pc xD

at first i thought it was kinda boring, but after letting it sink in for a while i look at the pictures and think: close to perfect , i like "stealth" looking things :)

pretty much like cars, i don't want a flashy thing, i want the performance to do the talking ^^ and that's what this beauty will do!

=> note to pretty much all build loggers: put the spec list in the post PLEASE in stead of a link -_-' 

Thanks for the nice comment. I agree, I like things "stealth" as well, especially cars. I was thinking about  "european type" cars the whole time I was putting this pc together. I actually wanted to make the 1000 on the psu look like the Audi logo but my "x acto knife skills" just weren't up to par!

Cheers