SSD write amount

KirbyTech

Currently I have 0.32 TB written to my drive and it has only been in my PC for about 3 days. That is over 100GB a day, seems a bit high since I have only installed programs and did some web browsing. Any idea why it would be going up so quickly?

Maybe because at first you install a lot (Games you have on Steam, programs like web browsers, GIMP or whatever)

It will probably go slower after that. Don't worry that much about it..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Like mini said you will probably have been installing your main programs and games etc on it and once you have what you use most installed it will probably slow down. 

You probably did a ton of updates, installing drivers, installing games, getting the OS and a lot more. My 840 pro did 17 TB of cycles and its hold up just fine. I person from Tech Report tested the 840 pro to 600 TB and the SSD was still doing great 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

I am not worried about it going to a high amount over time just seems quick to go up. There are no games on it and the drive only has 45GB on it..

If you open up resource manager from the task manager, does it show the disk being written too even when the computer is idle? It should show you what file is being written too as well

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

If you open up resource manager from the task manager, does it show the disk being written too even when the computer is idle? It should show you what file is being written too as well

Chrome is at about 15 000 b/s then there is system at 25 000 b/s

Yeah doesn't seem like there's anything writing in the background then, as the others said it was probably just updates and stuff. If it keeps going up at a really high rate, just keep checking that to identify any writing programs and come back to us :)

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520