how to install games on multiple drives

im in the midst of rebuilding my gaming pc i just ordered a gtx 970, a corsair carbide 200r and will be getting a 240gb kingston v300 ssd where i will install my editing software as well as my most loved steam games and thats kinda where my question lies. obviously i wont be able to install my entire steam library on a 240gb ssd. so i wanted to know if there was a way to install my less valued games on my normal old hard drive as well as install my higher valued games on an ssd using the same computer? i thought i saw a video discussing this on the NCIX or LTT youtube channels but the videos i did find didn't really answer my question directly. so is what im asking possible? if so then how would i go about doing it?

You can split steam and origin games on different drives. In the steam settings just point to where the games are and when you install a new game it will ask where you want it installed

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You have the option to choose where to install your games when installing them. 

You'd probably see that if you didn't just press next > next > next > next 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm away from my PC so I'm doing this from memory.

In Steam's settings, you should go into the downloads tab. There should be an option to set Steam library locations. From there, you can choose another location.

While going through the install dialog, you can choose where to install to.

Sig under construction.

steam->settings->downloads->steam library folders

????

enjoy :D

and yes its possible, you get a selection of which directory you want to put it in, only games that should o on ssd really are bf3&4, those are the only highly demanding games, others you cant but they sholdnt be a problem

you can do the same with origin if you need to

It's 100% possible.

In Steam you can set paths to "Library Folders".  Set one of your Library Folders (Steam > Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders) to be on your SSD, for example C:\Games or even the default path, then add another Library Folder on your old HDD, D:\Games for example.

During the initial game installation you can tell Steam in which Library Folder to install your game(s).

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

When you install your game it asks where to install, if you don't NEXT>NEXT>NEXT it you'll see it gives you a choice of C:// D:// E:// drives (or however many you have).

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

In Origin you need to set Download location before starting to download and install the game. But don't worry if you put it in wrong drive. Moving and "redownloading" it is pretty easy too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv