How do I get rid of this noise

jedylan

I have recently noticed a background noise that is always present in my speakers. I have recorded the noise for you to hear. 

I have the Logitech Z906 500W 5.1ch speakers and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones. To see the rest of my pc parts: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/YQPscf

Since I know some things about audio, I started testing to find the source of the noise.

I tried:

• My 5.1 speakers plugged with the three 3.5mm audio jacks in the back of the PC: I get noise
  • My 5.1 speakers plugged with the three 3.5mm audio jacks in the back of the PC with the headphones plugged in the controller of the speakers: I get noise
  • My headphones plugged in the black of the PC: I get no noise
  • My headphones plugged in the front of the PC: I get no noise
  • My headphones plugged in my cellphone: I get no noise
  • My 5.1 speakers plugged in my cellphone one of the three jacks at the time: I get no noise

From what I have tested I can't find, the source of the noise to eliminate it. When I move my mouse around, I hear shifting in the noise, so I am deducing it is caused bu the PC, but when I plug my headphones directly in the PC I don't hear it.

If you have any idea what could be the source of the noise, what could fix it, or other tests I should do, tell me. It does not stop me from using my PC but it is REALLY annoying.

Noise.mp3

My friend gets something similar to this, it may be the audio jack that you plug it into.

It seems impossible until it's done.

That's hiss. You will have to get an external DAC to rectify this the best.

Something like a FIIO E10K is great as it's the DAC and a headphone amp

You can also turn the volume up to max on your computer and turn the volume down to minimum on your amp, which will lessen the hiss.

Compatible with Windows 95

That's hiss. You will have to get an external DAC to rectify this the best.

Something like a FIIO E10K is great as it's the DAC and a headphone amp

You can also turn the volume up to max on your computer and turn the volume down to minimum on your amp, which will lessen the hiss.

With this sound system I can have a optical input, would it be best to go optical, and add a external or internal sound-card with optical output (since the motherboard doesn't have one)?

With this sound system I can have a optical input, would it be best to go optical, and add a external or internal sound-card with optical output (since the motherboard doesn't have one)?

Only go optical if you need to. I'd just use USB though, there is no difference and they tend to be cheaper. A cheap DAC will satisfy your needs.

Only go optical if you need to. I'd just use USB though, there is no difference and they tend to be cheaper. A cheap DAC will satisfy your needs.

Is there a lot of 5.1 cheap external DAC's?

Is there a lot of 5.1 cheap external DAC's?

You get what you pay for with them. If you pay more, you get a better dac