Random files in C drive - What are they?

DIV1D3

So I've had these files in C: for a while now, I have no idea why they appeared, and I was unsure of their importance, so I just left them there because they weren't doing any harm. 

But now I'm not liking them there just because it doesn't look tidy. 

YON351t.png

So what are these files? Just some stuff that are left over from an installation/uninstall? 

Also, that msdia80.dll file that was supposedly created in 2006, fairly wasn't, Windows 7 wasn't even released until October 2009...

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Looks like leftovers from some installers...
I know that RHDSetup.log is the setup log from Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Guessing Install.log(txt) and csb is something similar
Msdia80.dll is part of the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package and shouldn't be in the root but is known to end up there: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927665

No idea what the files with Guids could be... but looking at the date on them I guess they came from some installer as well.

Looks like leftovers from some installers...

I know that RHDSetup.log is the setup log from Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Guessing Install.log(txt) and csb is something similar

Msdia80.dll is part of the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package and shouldn't be in the root but is known to end up there: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927665

No idea what the files with Guids could be... but looking at the date on them I guess they came from some installer as well.

So I should be able to delete those files, and just move the msdia80.dll file and all will be well?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

They shouldn't be required by windows.

But if you want to be safe move them to a folder first and reboot to make sure it boots and if it doesn't just restore them using the windows recovery console or a live system.

They shouldn't be required by windows.

But if you want to be safe move them to a folder first and reboot to make sure it boots and if it doesn't just restore them using the windows recovery console or a live system.

Erm, I fairly don't have the disc, it's been gone for a while now, would making a disc image just to be safe be a good idea?

Erm, supposedly you can get to this Windows Recovery Console by pressing F8 during start-up, that should be fine to do. 

You could just make a bootable usb of something like https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ its always good to have. And you can use Parted Magic Graphical boot to mount and copy any files.

*sigh*

I'd like to not to get into bootable USBs, I've had a hard time with them, and if I could just use a restore point in case of some trouble I'd prefer that. 

Do you have a drive to backup to?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sometimes those are logs or exported data from setups and other program files and drivers.

They're usually easy to identify, you can simply open them and recognize the name of the OEM.

- 'YOLO' doesn't exist in the PC World!