Best single GPU for video editing

Hi, I'm new around here and I couldn't find anything about this. I'm planning on building a machine with 2 cards. One exclusively for gaming and another exclusively for editing.

So, which GPU is the best one for video editing? Price is not an issue at this point.

Probably a Titan Black which could cover both gaming and editing.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

if you are video editing, Titan black would be faster and has more memory, 980 is cheaper but you said price wasn't an issue. I'd try to go for two Titans in SLI if one isn't enough on both fronts

titan z EXTREME POWER!!!!!!!!

EDIT-welcome to the best forum ever, you seem like a nice person, please continue to be like that while in the forum and don't start fights, enjoy your stay

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Lets get facts traight here first of all.... I see so many gamer make poor recommendations to professionals based on their understanding of raw GPU horsepower. Fact is Pro apps really benefit from Pro drivers and boards. What good is a board that is more powerful but can only run at 33% speed from driver limitations or limited application support?

If you are doing Professional content and workloads you should consider a professional graphics card.

With a FirePro/Quadro you get 10 Bit color per channel color pipelines and workflow, as well as drivers and hardware optimized for professional workloads.

Also most FirePro boards have ECC VRAM, really great support and warranty. In video/pro workflows uptime is key!

Also, keep in mind VRAM matters more on the video editing side than it does in gaming. In most apps like Adobe Premiere and DaVinvi Resolve, the GPU can only simultaneously work on WHOLE frames it can store in VRAM. It can't break up the load to partial frames. If your GPU is fast enough to do 10 frames at once, but you can only store 5 at a time............

Currently on the video production side FirePro really has the performance per dollar advantage over Quadro.

Take a look at the W7100, its street date is Wednesday and is great for up to 4k content creation, if you can spend a couple hundred more, the W8100 is killer. Both have 8GB of VRAM.

W7100: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195134&cm_re=w7100-_-14-195-134-_-Product

W8100: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195130&cm_re=w8100-_-14-195-130-_-Product

If you are serious about video work, really consider the 10 Bit color space support!!

Alex

EDIT: please also note that pro apps don't traditionally use SLI or crossfire. If you get two boards, DISABLE crossfire or SLI so the app can load the frame buffers separately.

AlexCo: you sir is the reason I came here! Thank you very very much, you were very helpfull! Thanks to anyone who replied

Glad I could help! Good luck!

Alex

AlexCo: you sir is the reason I came here! Thank you very very much, you were very helpfull! Thanks to anyone who replied

Lets get facts traight here first of all.... I see so many gamer make poor recommendations to professionals based on their understanding of raw GPU horsepower. Fact is Pro apps really benefit from Pro drivers and boards. What good is a board that is more powerful but can only run at 33% speed from driver limitations or limited application support?

If you are doing Professional content and workloads you should consider a professional graphics card.

With a FirePro/Quadro you get 10 Bit color per channel color pipelines and workflow, as well as drivers and hardware optimized for professional workloads.

Also most FirePro boards have ECC VRAM, really great support and warranty. In video/pro workflows uptime is key!

Also, keep in mind VRAM matters more on the video editing side than it does in gaming. In most apps like Adobe Premiere and DaVinvi Resolve, the GPU can only simultaneously work on WHOLE frames it can store in VRAM. It can't break up the load to partial frames. If your GPU is fast enough to do 10 frames at once, but you can only store 5 at a time............

Currently on the video production side FirePro really has the performance per dollar advantage over Quadro.

Take a look at the W7100, its street date is Wednesday and is great for up to 4k content creation, if you can spend a couple hundred more, the W8100 is killer. Both have 8GB of VRAM.

W7100: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195134&cm_re=w7100-_-14-195-134-_-Product

W8100: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195130&cm_re=w8100-_-14-195-130-_-Product

If you are serious about video work, really consider the 10 Bit color space support!!

Alex

EDIT: please also note that pro apps don't traditionally use SLI or crossfire. If you get two boards, DISABLE crossfire or SLI so the app can load the frame buffers separately.

You Sir.......Are Gangsta! :D

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65