Pebble Smart-Watch Review

Guest Philosophy

Pebble  - 7/10

The pebble I have found to be a pretty plain smart watch, it does all that it is advertised to do though. It does those function well  though. I have the black on black model. The notifications seem to be fast (I.e. it starts buzzing right when my phone does). The battery life seems to be great, I have charged it once in four days (Still shows 100% Battery). The screen is black and white and does not seem to have any way to continuously keep it backlit (Which I would love to see). It can be quite annoying to have to press a button to see what time it is.  The music app works perfect with Google play (Which is what I use) and I like the many watch face options  (even though I have found only a few good ones).  With the dialer app I can call people on my phone via my watch which is very nice while in my car or when I have my phone away from me but with a wireless mic and headset.  The biggest complaint I have is I wish I would reply with to messages with some built in replies (I.e "Can't Talk", "Thanks" or "See You Soon").  Over all it was worth the $100 it cost although I am not sure everyone could justify it.

Pros:

Long Battery Life

Works Awesome With Android

Fits my unusually large wrist

Lot of Customization

Cons:

Have to Press Button Every time I want Backlighting

Cannot Reply to anything via Watch

No color display

Not a whole lot of good watch faces

515WF3INjIL._SL1000_.jpg

Image by Amazon LCC

LnIXSJk.jpg

Image Via Myself

pics? Nice review nonetheless  :)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Cool review , prefer some closeup pics from you but not necessary tho otherwise really cool review..

Details separate people.

pics? Nice review nonetheless  :)

Ill add some :)

If I ever get an Android phone I might consider a smartwatch, although the Pebble doesn't seem to be the one for me.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Added photos. 

You can flick your wrist to turn on the backlight too(can be enabled in the settings).

Same idea. I wish It had a way of having it on all the time. Battery life is so good that I would even take a 1 or 2 day battery life if I could have such. 

Pebble  - 7/10

The pebble I have found to be a pretty plain smart watch, it does all that it is advertised to do though. It does those function well  though. I have the black on black model. The notifications seem to be fast (I.e. it starts buzzing right when my phone does). The battery life seems to be great, I have charged it once in four days (Still shows 100% Battery). The screen is black and white and does not seem to have any way to continuously keep it backlit (Which I would love to see). It can be quite annoying to have to press a button to see what time it is.  The music app works perfect with Google play (Which is what I use) and I like the many watch face options  (even though I have found only a few good ones).  With the dialer app I can call people on my phone via my watch which is very nice while in my car or when I have my phone away from me but with a wireless mic and headset.  The biggest complaint I have is I wish I would reply with to messages with some built in replies (I.e "Can't Talk", "Thanks" or "See You Soon").  Over all it was worth the $100 it cost although I am not sure everyone could justify it.

Pros:

Long Battery Life

Works Awesome With Android

Fits my unusually large wrist

Lot of Customization

Cons:

Have to Press Button Every time I want Backlighting

Cannot Reply to anything via Watch

No color display

Not a whole lot of good watch faces

515WF3INjIL._SL1000_.jpg

Image by Amazon LCC

ILodHeFC.jpg

I know, it is dirty already xD. Image By Philosophy From LTT

I also have and use pebble myself

and i understand most pebble developers develop more free and good apps for the android users rather than the ios user

But still is a great watch , i use it everyday and i find it very useful and handy

FELL FREE TO BUY ONE

color screen =/= battery life.

That can't be a con. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

You can set back lighting to stay on I believe. Check display settings.

You could be right, I have looked and could not find it. 

You could be right, I have looked and could not find it. 

Nvm. Just checked and I seem to be wrong :P

I thought backlight 'on' left the back light lit, but I never checked.

Nvm. Just checked and I seem to be wrong :P

I thought backlight 'on' left the back light lit, but I never checked.

I know you can enable it to power on the backlight with a flick of your wrist. go into settings, display and then enable motion if it isn't already.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11