real or fake, r7850

captain vimes

Hi, in september this year I bought a second hand graphics card (XFX R7850 black edition overclocked DD 2 GB DDR5, I know it's GDDR5 I'm just reading from the box) from my teacher at college who was selling the card on his drummers behalf. I didn't think much of it till lately, I always new that it was a rare card by the fact that it was practically unknown online, with the exception of one person on youtube who did an unboxing of the card. However, when I looked at the review again just a minute ago I noticed something that wasn't quite right. On his graphics card it said on the side R7850, however mine says R7800 series. another thing that was different was the anti-friction packaging it was put in. The guy in the unboxing video's packaging had black lines criss crossing each other, whereas mine was plain, and one other thing, the istallation cd that it came with had some writing on it about AMD whereas the other guys' one was plain.

what do you guys think, I'm unnable to use it at the moment as that was the first part to my system.

this is the link to the video

can you give me an example of somewhere online selling one
? cause I can't find one

can you give me an example of somewhere online selling one

? cause I can't find one

It's normal.

350x700px-LL-1e039002_7870nameplt.jpeg

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

XFX did a few coolers revision I think.

My friend had a 7970 xfire (both 7970 from XFX) and one was saying "7900 series" and the other "7970", he was not happy  ^_^

But yes, I'd think it's legit. You see that a lot when the PCB is the same with EK backplates (the 7900s / 7800s, etc.) IIRC.

Best way to test is to fire up GPU-Z tbh or/and run some benchmarks, numbers won't lie.

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

Probably just different revision of the cards.

this is the link to the video

Damn i miss Elric. Hope he get better soon. :( :( 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

It's a real card.

7850's are very common and naming schemes for cards and coolers can be all over the place.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's a real card.

7850's are very common and naming schemes for cards and coolers can be all over the place.

agree nothing special here XFX did like 6 versions of the 7850 .