Help I would like tips on how to optimize this if I need to.

Alas

I'm going to be using it for medium- light gaming as well as a little bit of game production.

I would just try to make sure that your CPU cooler will fit over your ram. If it doesn't you may have to get some low profile ram or some without a fancy cooler

I would just try to make sure that your CPU cooler will fit over your ram. If it doesn't you may have to get some low profile ram or some without a fancy cooler

k I'll make sure to look for some lp ram

k I'll make sure to look for some lp ram

You may or may not have to change it. I have Kingston Hyper X Beast ram and am worried about if I get a cooler, will it fit. So I'm unsure myself. Just wanted to help you out here so you didn't run into what I am currently up against in the future. Theres even ram that looks cool that doesn't have a badass cooler. Like this. I don't know about this particular ram, I haven't researched it, but I just searched for the same speed you had selected. But it is a "lower profile" than something like the Hyper X Beast  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104472&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=ddr3_1866-_-20-104-464-_-Product

See here's my ram. You can see where the card ends and how much the cooler sticks up above the ram. i have heard this can cause problems with certain air coolers. I don't know which ones.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104497&cm_re=hyperx_beast-_-20-104-497-_-Product