New PC (Hopefully) need opinion?

Msxander9921

Cool build, I have the same cooler but I'd recommend using the Corsair 450D for the case instead. I haven't heard much about the case in your list but it could be fine.

I use that cooler with the case I suggested and it fits perfectly. Those are 140mm fans so they are going to take up a lot of space. Also, make sure you have enough fan headers on your board in reachable distance before purchasing it because I had to buy a PWM splitter cable for both fans to work with RPM adjustment.

1. Don't bother with x99 for gaming, its best to just stick with z97 until prices of it all comes down.

2. You don't need an i7 for gaming, when it comes down to gaming they are essentially the same as i5s.

3. I'd suggest getting a HDD to go along with the SSD, something such as a WD Blue or Black would be good.

4. 2x 970s in SLI will be more powerful than the single 980 in games that support SLI, though not as powerful in those which don't, so if the games you want to play support SLI then that could be a better option.

You can get the x99 mobo and i7 if you want, I'd just consider them to be a bit high priced for a gaming rig right now.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Seems like a solid build. What monitor are you going to use? That will determine if you made a good choice with your graphics card.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

If its for gaming, its stupid overkill.  You can spend a fraction of that and get the same/better performance depending on the game.

Also consider the Phanteks Enthoo Pro or Luxe for Case.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Seems like a solid build. What monitor are you going to use? That will determine if you made a good choice with your graphics card.

Im not exactly decided on what monitor to get yet... have any recommendations? 

VG248QE Done

you...

...i like you.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I am saving up some money to hopefully buy this set-up, opinions (Mainly Gaming)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/b4P7nQ

thanks- :D Merry Christmas

Go get a i5-4690K and save the money from the processor for another 980 and SLI that shit.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I am saving up some money to hopefully buy this set-up, opinions (Mainly Gaming)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/b4P7nQ

thanks- :D Merry Christmas

Well, I'd toss that 980 aside and go for 2x970's for one

Then i'd swap out the 840 evo for either the 850 or an intel ssd (840 has some problems they are fixed in 850)

Also only 8GB Ram on that build? Go for 16GB at least.

Other than that looks like you'll have a capable PC let us see how that 5820k overclocks :D

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Awesome build, but if you want a PC only for gaming, go with an i5 and a 970. And 8GB of RAM seems a little low for such an OP build.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Bill Nye

Go z97! You don't need x99 at all for gaming. Especially if you have to save up, no reason to do this! Get a 4690k or 4790k with a z97 board!

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

In my opinion don't bother with X99 go for z97.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

First of all I would switch out the 980 with 2 970's. Better performance in SLI.

Also switch out the motherboard and cpu for a z97 and i5- 4690k. If you are just gaming this is more than enough.

Also it would be good to take some time for a reality check. What games are you going to be playing the most, and be honest with yourself. If you are going to be playing games like Crysis 3 or Metro Last Light at high frame rates or resolutions then 2 970's would be great. On the other hand if the majority of the time you are playing something like League of Legends or Dota then I recommend toning it  down to one 970. You will save money and if you really want an upgrade there is always the option to add another 970.

Best of luck.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor