Logitech G402 Review

Willie K.

Let me start off by saying that I feel that the Logitech G402 doesn’t get enough credit from people. It’s a great gaming mouse for a great price, and it is very often overshadowed by the G502. Anyways, the G402 is a pleasure to use. The ergonomics are great, the buttons are clicky, and it is just very comfortable in general to me. I use a sort of flat palm grip, and that works great. Also, the way that the buttons are positioned are great. You don’t have to strain your thumb at all, even to get to the buttons that on some other mice you may have to, including the back and forward buttons. I love the very long left and right click buttons, especially since they are very clicky no matter where you press down on them, and are rated to 20 million clicks. The click is satisfying, and seems to actuate at just the right amount of pressure (unlike my friend’s Deathadder 2013, which I cannot use anymore). The mouse glides smoothly along any surface that I put it on- I no longer need my mouse pad. I would say, IMHO, that if you are looking for a great gaming mouse under $60 (USD) that this is a great one. I would defiantly buy it again. Thanks for reading this!

Have a great life.

-By wikimikipiki2

this signature exists. it is also highly original.

Pretty nice review, if possible add some pictures next time, also welcome to the forum pleasure to have you. I used to like these kinds of mouses however now that i play more types of games i feel as if i need more buttons my rat 7 is starting to die after 2.5 years so im debating with myself about what would be the best thing to get

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I agree man. Currently it's my personal choice of mouse I really need to finish my review I started.

I love the shape of the mouse, but the extremely stiff cord really bothers me because it adds quite a bit of resistance to otherwise a perfectly gliding mouse. I wish they used a different cord, because the current one makes me dislike the mouse because especially during playing CS:GO I can heavily feel the resistance which is not nice at all. 

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I really like the mouse except for the stiff cord..

Good review :D

I will also write my review on it today or tomorrow...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I love the shape of the mouse, but the extremely stiff cord really bothers me because it adds quite a bit of resistance to otherwise a perfectly gliding mouse. I wish they used a different cord, because the current one makes me dislike the mouse because especially during playing CS:GO I can heavily feel the resistance which is not nice at all.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I really like the mouse except for the stiff cord..

Give it a nice big loop so it doesn't have to do any tight bends. Then hold it down with something so you have the exact amount of slack that you need.

Good review :D

I will also write my review on it today or tomorrow...

Or the next day, maybe the following week, etc...

I know how it goes ;)

Or the next day, maybe the following week, etc...

I know how it goes ;)

:P

I'll do it tomorrow ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Thanks for the review! This looks like a really nice mouse, It may be my next choice..

Also, Welcome to the forum! Be sure to read the LTT CoC.. (there are a few things in specific you may want to check under the "signatures & profiles" part ;) )

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Yup, I own the G502 and I would quickly recommend the G402 over it unless you really need those additional buttons or just have money to blow.  The ergonomics of this mouse are simply the best.  No other mouse even comes close, at least that I've used.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Have you tried using a bungee? This one works well if you're on a budget: http://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Bungee-Management-Fixer-Holder/dp/B00IE00HTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419731330&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+bungee

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I hate those things. I would rather just use my ancient SteelSeries tether.

I hate those things. I would rather just use my ancient SteelSeries tether.

I guess it depends on how far the USB port is that the mouse is connected to but a bungee IMO can really help against cable pull. I love my g402 but I feel like the cable is too stiff.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I love my G402. It's responsive, ergonomic and feels functional. It fits perfectly in my hand and the temporary DPI reduction button is extremely helpful for those moments when you need to be very precise. The mouse is only let down for me by a lack of a pinky finger rest which would have allowed me greater comfort while using the mouse.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it depends on how far the USB port is that the mouse is connected to but a bungee IMO can really help against cable pull. I love my g402 but I feel like the cable is too stiff.

Thats exactly what you can do with anything heavy or any tether. I agree its a bit stiff but quality wise its a huge step up form the G400s and the G500s for different reasons. I just give it a bit more slack and that seems to solve the issue.