How long should I run the Aida64 stress test ?

So, I've been hesitating for a year now but today I finally decided to overlock my CPU. The CPU I'm overlocking is a core i5 4670k, and currently I've been running the aida 64 stress test or an hour and 15 minutes now and I was wondering, how long do I need to run the stress test. Also the voltage I'm running is 1.18V and I was wondering how much I should lower it. Also please don't post multiple answers for the aida64 stress test duration, I searched around the web and some said to run it for 1 hour, others 6,8,12 , 24 and even 72.

So, I've been hesitating for a year now but today I finally decided to overlock my CPU. The CPU I'm overlocking is a core i5 4670k, and currently I've been running the aida 64 stress test or an hour and 15 minutes now and I was wondering, how long do I need to run the stress test. Also the voltage I'm running is 1.18V and I was wondering how much I should lower it. Also please don't post multiple answers for the aida64 stress test duration, I searched around the web and some said to run it for 1 hour, others 6,8,12 , 24 and even 72.

Also my CPU is currently running at 4.3 GHZ, forgot to add that.

I do a 24 hour run for stress testing and 1.18 is low, if temps are low you can push 1.3v

What are your temps?

I'd personally leave it on for about three hours for gaming rigs and 6 to 12 on video editing rigs. - Think about for how long you usually game or do CPU-heavy things then leave it running for at least that long and then some more. 

For the overclock voltage you'll have to find the right balance, because every CPU is slightly different. For example I'm running my G3258@4.5GHz  1.28v, while my friend couldn't get it to 4.5GHz under 1.4v. I don't know why you'd want to lower 1.18, I'd up that to 1.25 - 1.3 and try to get higher frequency if possible.

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

I do a 24 hour run for stress testing and 1.18 is low, if temps are low you can push 1.3v

What are your temps?

Highest temp atm is 65 degrees, and why would I run it at 1.3 if it's running fine at 1.18 ?

I'd personally leave it on for about three hours for gaming rigs and 6 to 12 on video editing rigs. - Think about for how long you usually game or do CPU-heavy things then leave it running for at least that long and then some more. 

For the overclock voltage you'll have to find the right balance, because every CPU is slightly different. For example I'm running my G3258@4.5GHz  1.28v, while my friend couldn't get it to 4.5GHz under 1.4v. I don't know why you'd want to lower 1.18, I'd up that to 1.25 - 1.3 and try to get higher frequency if possible.

I honestly don't know anything about voltages, I watched linus' overclocking guide and he recommended 1.2 volts for 4.6 GHZ so I thought if I was running at 4.3 I should lower it a bit

Highest temp atm is 65 degrees, and why would I run it at 1.3 if it's running fine at 1.18 ?

Not trying to be rude by the way, i really am just curious. I'm satisfied with 4.3 so I don't wanna increase my clock speed anymore

I honestly don't know anything about voltages, I watched linus' overclocking guide and he recommended 1.2 volts for 4.6 GHZ so I thought if I was running at 4.3 I should lower it a bit

If it works fine as it is then leave it at 1.18. 

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

I've been running aida64's stress test for an hour and 41 minutes now and it didn't crash, can this be considered fine ? Or should I up the voltage a bit ? Also I'm already satisfied with 4.3 GHZ

I've been running aida64's stress test for an hour and 41 minutes now and it didn't crash, can this be considered fine ? Or should I up the voltage a bit ? Also I'm already satisfied with 4.3 GHZ

To push the clock speed higher. Keep it under 80 deg and go as far as you can. If you got 4.3 at 1.18 you might get 4.5 at 1.2 or 1.3. 

If its stable at what you want it at then start lowering the voltage, not raising it. Increasing voltage allows for higher overclocks but raises temperature and potentially reduces lifespan.

To push the clock speed higher. Keep it under 80 deg and go as far as you can. If you got 4.3 at 1.18 you might get 4.5 at 1.2 or 1.3. 

I'm satisfied with 4.3 GHZ though

If its stable at what you want it at then start lowering the voltage, not raising it. Increasing voltage allows for higher overclocks but raises temperature and potentially reduces lifespan.

Gonna do that now !

I'm satisfied with 4.3 GHZ though

Then you are fine, see if you can lower the voltage. Less voltage for a given clock is good.

Then you are fine, see if you can lower the voltage. Less voltage for a given clock is good.

I doubt OP can go lower. Since stock is 1V-1.1V i think. 

If OP wanted to (i would) go further then they can. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I doubt OP can go lower. Since stock is 1V-1.1V i think. 

If OP wanted to (i would) go further then they can. 

If he does't want to go further, I would push the voltage as low as you could. 

I would try to go 1.35 volts and see if I can get 4.5-5.2 (Really unlikely)

If he does't want to go further, I would push the voltage as low as you could. 

I would try to go 1.35 volts and see if I can get 4.5-5.2 (Really unlikely)

1.35 could net OP 4.5GHz - 4.6GHz

As you said 5.2GHz is very unlikely and fir 24/7 stable wouldn't happen. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I personally stress test for about 12-18h depending on whether I have the time or not. For example I leave it overnight, knowing that I have to go to work on the next day, which usually lasts 5-6 hours. If the PC is fine when I get home I validate the overclock as stable enough. 

Now, since you have achieved a good overclock with low voltage you can afford to try and maximize your gains by pushing it further, perhaps to 4.5GHz, but if you are satisfied with your current settings, I don't see any reason in that. Me personally, I would go nuts if I don't squeeze every last bit of power my processor has to offer, but I respect that not everyone is like that. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I think lower then this destabilize the CPU. 65C on 1.18v 4.3ghz . its just perfect .

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

I think lower then this destabilize the CPU. 65C on 1.18v 4.3ghz . its just perfect . and in my experience if you rig is not stable it will go down in first 10 mints on Aida 64 if its stable for 30 mints it will remain stable for 30 hours . so there is no point in stressing this long. the longest i stressed my CPU was 7 hours then 3 hours then same on 30 mints and results where same just 5C+ temp which is not good in my opinion. if you want longest i'll say 3 hours tops coz you're never gonna use this much power and this much cores ever for straight 3 hours .even high end games or video rendering never stayed on full load and temps all the time.

don't be afraid of Overclocking don't cross 1.3V limit and 80C temp mark . you're rig will not go down as a dead meat . if you don't make it wrong how you learn to make it right ? this web forum have experts of overclocking here follow them and you will get the highest your rig can do in safe zone.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

1.35 could net OP 4.5GHz - 4.6GHz

As you said 5.2GHz is very unlikely and fir 24/7 stable wouldn't happen. 

Yeah. I would try just to see if I could though.

I think lower then this destabilize the CPU. 65C on 1.18v 4.3ghz . its just perfect .

It probably is. But less voltage for the same clock never hurts.

Yeah. I would try just to see if I could though.

It probably is. But less voltage for the same clock never hurts.

yes absolutely i wish i can stablize mine on 0.8 volts lower is always better .:)

Ok so I've been using my PC for 2 days now and currently my CPU is still running at 4.3GHZ, but I've lowered the voltage to 1.15 volts and so far I haven't had any issues yet. My CPU stayed below 65 degrees when stress testing