Upgrading to 2133 Mhz 2x8gb [First build]

Hello I've been lurking around as well as binge watching LTT on youtube in order to finish my first build.

Satisfying as it is I am posting this from my new PC which has been up and running for almost a week.

My intention was to build an affordable gaming pc, nothing too fancy (I'm not aiming for the smooth 60+fps on 1080p), and the few games that I've recently added have been, to say the least, kicking my apu's arse.

My Build on PPP

With this rig I tried playing two games, Borderlands 2 and Civ V, the first is laggy and barely playable and the second demands that I turn off leader scene animations so it won't crash as soon as I meet another civ...

By looking at some of the youtube videos on gaming with this given APU I can tell that much faster memory is a must before I can imagine running at decent fps with somewhat decent graphics

Therefore I want to get these 2x8gb at 2133 and see if that helps upgrade my rig.

What do you think?

Hello I've been lurking around as well as binge watching LTT on youtube in order to finish my first build.

Satisfying as it is I am posting this from my new PC which has been up and running for almost a week.

My intention was to build an affordable gaming pc, nothing too fancy (I'm not aiming for the smooth 60+fps on 1080p), and the few games that I've recently added have been, to say the least, kicking my apu's arse.

My Build on PPP

With this rig I tried playing two games, Borderlands 2 and Civ V, the first is laggy and barely playable and the second demands that I turn off leader scene animations so it won't crash as soon as I meet another civ...

By looking at some of the youtube videos on gaming with this given APU I can tell that much faster memory is a must before I can imagine running at decent fps with somewhat decent graphics

Therefore I want to get these 2x8gb at 2133 and see if that helps upgrade my rig.

What do you think?

what do i think? i think that 8GB is PLENTY for gaming and this kit is much cheaper...i would go with that instead:

Those are 2133mhz CAS 9 ram so they are VERY fast..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226565&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Or these are comparable if you like the aestetic better..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231689&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The mushkin's have tighter timings...they are the best price to performance wise.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

RAM won't make nearly as much difference as a graphics card.

If you want better gaming performance, buy a graphics card.

i agree...but i linked a 2133mhz CAS 9 kit for 62$...if OP is to buy RAM anyways then why not get fast ram they are the same price as most other 1600mhz kits..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I would say you use that ram money to buy a Graphics Card. I recommend getting R9 270 or GTX 750 TI. High Frequency Ram doesn't improve FPS by much due to my knowledge. Also 8GB of RAM is consider enough for gaming.

a decent GPU will set back the user at least a 100 bucks 

62 buck for 2133 kit RAM will be a good place holder upgrade for now

I would say you use that ram money to buy a Graphics Card. I recommend getting R9 270 or GTX 750 TI. High Frequency Ram doesn't improve FPS by much due to my knowledge. Also 8GB of RAM is consider enough for gaming.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i've miss-read the original post here...i'm sorry...i thought the OP was shopping for RAM for his system i didnt realised he already has ram...i would highly suggest looking for a graphics card instead in that situation as this will improve his gaming performance A LOT more...i would suggest this deal right here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125476&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Do the mail in rebate form it's worth it.

It's [faster ram] a huge increase for APU's, but yea it would be better to get a graphics card instead.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Don't even bother with 2133 MHz and go straight to topping out your motherboards capabilities (2400 MHz). When it comes to iGPU performance it's all about bandwidth. Moving from 1600 MHz to 2400 MHz should yield around a ~15 FPS gain in demanding games. From that point on you're stuck with upgrading to a discrete GPU. From the looks of it the 2x4 GB kit for that specific ram is roughly around $100. You can had better performance out of a $100 discrete GPU. How much are you willing to invest into this upgrade?

i've miss-read the original post here...i'm sorry...i thought the OP was shopping for RAM for his system i didnt realised he already has ram...i would highly suggest looking for a graphics card instead in that situation as this will improve his gaming performance A LOT more...i would suggest this deal right here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125476&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Do the mail in rebate form it's worth it.

Haha Newegg image for the 270X looks more like the 290/X Windforce :D

indeed a dGPU will give OP a great game play since a 270X can let him game at 1080P High/Ultra

edit: hmm on second look it is the 270X but Gigabyte GPU look huge with the windforce cooler

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Well a bit 10-20 fps. Jayztwocents has a video about it. Google it

Found it

I wish he had shown the 2133 but you can interpolate between 1866 and 2400mhz, thanks for the comment!

what do i think? i think that 8GB is PLENTY for gaming and this kit is much cheaper...i would go with that instead:

The mushkin's have tighter timings...they are the best price to performance wise.

That sounds like a good deal AND I have a 35% off coupon, good til January. On the other hand I'd like to have those ridiculous 2x8gb but... too expensive

to the point, huh? thanks for the comment! I'm really glad I finally posted instead of lurking in the shadows.

At this point I-m sold, I think I saw a 2x4gb 2400mhz deal at $20 more than the 2133 mushkins somewhere around

Don't even bother with 2133 MHz and go straight to topping out your motherboards capabilities (2400 MHz). When it comes to iGPU performance it's all about bandwidth. Moving from 1600 MHz to 2400 MHz should yield around a ~15 FPS gain in demanding games. From that point on you're stuck with upgrading to a discrete GPU. From the looks of it the 2x4 GB kit for that specific ram is roughly around $100. You can had better performance out of a $100 discrete GPU. How much are you willing to invest into this upgrade?

I think I found some 2400 mhz online so I'll get to digging through the bookmarks for that site.

How much are you willing to invest into this upgrade?

Thanks to all of the replies, and how the GPU is obviously the next step, I'll spend $60-75 for the RAM upgrade, from 1600mhz to 2400mhz. (cause I really wanna have those 2400mhz and I hope they don't act up, given that they are working alongside the 1600 mhz 8gb I already have)

Regarding the discreet GPU, I now see that it is INDEED the solution if I want to up my gaming experience as well as getting the most bang for my buck so I'll consider the r9 270 previously entioned, a r9 280x even (I just hope that what they say about the a10 7850k only working in dual graphics with the r7 240/250 is not true...)

Found it

I wish he had shown the 2133 but you can interpolate between 1866 and 2400mhz, thanks for the comment!

That sounds like a good deal AND I have a 35% off coupon, good til January. On the other hand I'd like to have those ridiculous 2x8gb but... too expensive

to the point, huh? thanks for the comment! I'm really glad I finally posted instead of lurking in the shadows.

At this point I-m sold, I think I saw a 2x4gb 2400mhz deal at $20 more than the 2133 mushkins somewhere around

I think I found some 2400 mhz online so I'll get to digging through the bookmarks for that site.

Thanks to all of the replies, and how the GPU is obviously the next step, I'll spend $60-75 for the RAM upgrade, from 1600mhz to 2400mhz. (cause I really wanna have those 2400mhz and I hope they don't act up, given that they are working alongside the 1600 mhz 8gb I already have)

Regarding the discreet GPU, I now see that it is INDEED the solution if I want to up my gaming experience as well as getting the most bang for my buck so I'll consider the r9 270 previously mentioned, a r9 280x even (I just hope that what they say about the a10 7850k only working in dual graphics with the r7 240/250 is not true...)

well hate to say this but the A10-7850K only CF with R7 240 or 250 only

the 270/X will be a good step up without the CPU part bottlenecking

Regarding the discreet GPU, I now see that it is INDEED the solution if I want to up my gaming experience as well as getting the most bang for my buck so I'll consider the r9 270 previously entioned, a r9 280x even (I just hope that what they say about the a10 7850k only working in dual graphics with the r7 240/250 is not true...)

The thing is don't waste your money on a ram kit upgrade if you're going discrete anyways. As ram speeds aren't going to effect gaming performance with a discrete installed. Save the $60 from the ram kit and put it towards an even faster discrete GPU. You can only run dual graphics with up to a R7 250x but a single R9 270 will blow that setup away for a few bucks more. Like said don't toss your money out the window for a new ram kit. Pocket it until you have enough for a discrete GPU.