Using fraps to record to mapped drive

EvilBugga

would it possible to record footage to a mapped drive on my server using fraps? ill be using a 1Gbit LAN connection.

i cant try this myself right now as my server is in storage.

any feedback would be appreciated

CPU: i5 7600K                             Case: Fractal Define S Mini              Keyboard: K85

Motherboard: Strix H270-i                              GPU: Vega 56    

RAM: Geil Superluce 2x8GB    mouse: Logitech G602                                     PSU: Thortech thunderbolt 650watt

You can change where Fraps saves recordings with in Fraps.
I might want to take that back...

I ditched Fraps for recording. I use Afterburner now. No longer will I have to combine many 30 second clips in Vegas.

as looney said im looking for performance and also to find out if its even possible to use fraps over lan.

CPU: i5 7600K                             Case: Fractal Define S Mini              Keyboard: K85

RAM: Geil Superluce 2x8GB    mouse: Logitech G602                                     PSU: Thortech thunderbolt 650watt

I'll look it up when i'm back at home, though the server end also has a lot to do with the speed (mine should suffice)

Will get back to you within 3 hours.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I'll look it up when i'm back at home, though the server end also has a lot to do with the speed (mine should suffice)

Will get back to you within 3 hours.

thanks for the help my server will be raid 0 on 2 2tb 7200rpm barracudas should be fast enough for recording.

I do this almost everyday, FRAPS has no issues recording on my server's drive in full HD at 30 FPS (on a 1Gbps LAN Connection), but make sure you are not streaming videos or downloading through network switch.. if so it will cause your frame rates to fluctuate. Other than this I always record on my server. I'm saving up to get a Aver-media Live gamer HD capture card.. it will save me the trouble of converting the videos.