New core 18 discussion?

Not sure if this is covered else where, but my 970 consistently has poor performance on core 18's.

Core 17 WUs run around 280k PPD, and core 18 WUs run around 60k, over 4 and half times slower. Anyone else finding different results with 970/980's? How about older cards (6xx and 7xx series)?

Corsair Vengeance C70 Black | MSI Z77A-G45 | i7-3770k @ 4.4 GHz 1.25v | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline@1600MHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming | Corsair CX500 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Samsung PM851 250GB | Antech KÜHLER| Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Logitech G502

wut

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Would core 18 be alot more difficult? would that affect the PPD?

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Not sure if this is covered else where, but my 970 consistently has poor performance on core 18's.

Core 17 WUs run around 280k PPD, and core 18 WUs run around 60k, over 4 and half times slower. Anyone else finding different results with 970/980's? How about older cards (6xx and 7xx series)?

I noticed a small drop with a GTX 680, but nothing too much(like +/- 5k PPD). Could be that they aren't optimized for the 900 series yet.

Edit: I should note that the core 18's that I have been getting have been relatively small, and that my 680 performs like crap(25K PPD on average, but will randomly get 50K at times lol).

Odd, I noticed a small increase on my 780ti. Somewhere around 10-20k. Currently running 344.75. (I should note that I don't fold for the LTT team, though, and not consistently enough to have weeks of data on hand, only days worth)

Would core 18 be alot more difficult? would that affect the PPD?

From what I've read around on these forums and other forums, older cards are getting a massive boost to PPD on core 18. I was hoping to see if core 18 just has a large variety of difficulty in WUs, or if the 900 series is simply not optimized.

I noticed a small drop with a GTX 680, but nothing too much(like +/- 5k PPD). Could be that they aren't optimized for the 900 series yet.

Edit: I should note that the core 18's that I have been getting have been relatively small, and that my 680 performs like crap(25K PPD on average, but will randomly get 50K at times lol).

Interesting that your 680 has worse performance, because i've read of the 650ti reaching 150k+ on core 18....

Odd, I noticed a small increase on my 780ti. Somewhere around 10-20k. Currently running 344.75. (I should note that I don't fold for the LTT team, though, and not consistently enough to have weeks of data on hand, only days worth)

I fold for LTT, but i'm in the same boat for folding, i've only been folding for a few days, but i've noticed this trend with core 18 WUs on my 970 basically every time it pops up.

Corsair Vengeance C70 Black | MSI Z77A-G45 | i7-3770k @ 4.4 GHz 1.25v | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline@1600MHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming | Corsair CX500 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Samsung PM851 250GB | Antech KÜHLER| Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Logitech G502

Yeah, FahCores 0x18 seems to run slower on my system(GTX 980) too. .. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/216822-new-core-18-wus/ (i posted my results on that thread first)

I have seen around 10 of them now with my eyes more on logs all kind of project numbers too.

Webcontroller seems to have most info of that core and its new projects.

allso i run with 344.75 driver and im hopeing new one would help us but will see.

Yeppers, core18 seem to be performing worse on newer cards and better on older, but as we have seen, mileage will vary. Most like, as with some other issues we have seen when dealing with weird results between Maxwell and non-Maxwell cards, is NVidia needs to fix the the driver. For a long time Haswell was unstable as heck on the 750 series when it came out and took NVidia a while to get get a decent driver out. I am assuming it is something similar.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yeah, atleast we can finish them without crashing the hole project B)

Yeah, FahCores 0x18 seems to run slower on my system(GTX 980) too. .. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/216822-new-core-18-wus/ (i posted my results on that thread first)

I have seen around 10 of them now with my eyes more on logs all kind of project numbers too.

Webcontroller seems to have most info of that core and its new projects.

allso i run with 344.75 driver and im hopeing new one would help us but will see.

I'm running 344.75 as well, and hopefully they fix this soon! It's a dreadful thing to see my 970 drop from 270k PPD to 60k PPD  :( Also, nice to know it is not just me!  :)

Yeppers, core18 seem to be performing worse on newer cards and better on older, but as we have seen, mileage will vary. Most like, as with some other issues we have seen when dealing with weird results between Maxwell and non-Maxwell cards, is NVidia needs to fix the the driver. For a long time Haswell was unstable as heck on the 750 series when it came out and took NVidia a while to get get a decent driver out. I am assuming it is something similar.

Hopefully NVidia will be better about it this time around, and they fix the HDMI RGB issue as well, all in one driver! One can hope, right?  ;)

Yeah, atleast we can finish them without crashing the hole project B)

Whole*  ;) True though, at least core 18's finish, and don't just straight up crash....

Sorry! 70% of my english is from Stargåte and MacGyver ;) Before Stargåte i didint see a reason to learn any type of English(bad or worse) :P

So basically i learned english same way as new born baby learn things :D

ps. sorry for OT too!