Posting Images on LinusTechTips Forum

MrAlexOneill

Hey guys quick question, how do I post images because I tried a Imgur link and I clicked on attached files, and that did not work as well as Imgur. Somebody Help?

Thanks

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

Go to More Reply Options. You should see Browse Files at the bottom. Once the file is selected, click Attach File. If you're intending to attach a file to the actual post, click Add to Post.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Or you can add a picture to your gallery and then add it with 'My Media' option within the reply options also if it's from a webpage you can click on image on the options and paste your image :)

Or attach a file like @Godlygamer23 said :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Hey guys quick question, how do I post images because I tried a Imgur link and I clicked on attached files, and that did not work as well as Imgur. Somebody Help?

Thanks

I use imgur, then use the standard HTML {img}{/img}* tags. to link to the image.

Example : Say i wanted to show this image : http://i.imgur.com/Lxh3Bh7.jpg

You'd put that link in between the tags, like so :  {img}http://i.imgur.com/Lxh3Bh7.jpg{/img}

Result :

Lxh3Bh7.jpg

Also, if the image is particularly large, or you have several that you wish to put into one post, you can do the spoiler tags, which are {spoiler}{/spoiler} to create a convenient way to compress your post. Spoiler tags look like this : {spoiler}{/spoiler}

This is an example of a spoiler tag.

Using the spoiler tag in conjunction with the image tag will allow you to compress your post in a convenient manner. It is especially useful when linking several images and wish to keep your post condensed.

An example of combining these two tags :

Lxh3Bh7.jpg

*Replace { and } with [ and ]

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

• 2 years later...

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440