Mayflower Desktop O2/ODAC Combo

OutcastCyborg

I just got my Desktop O2/ODAC Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower.

All of the necessary cables are connected (1/4" to 1/8" adapter, power brick, USB Cable), but Windows lists neither my PC 350s or the DAC as an audio device.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have had a couple of times when I went to disconnect the USB connection that Windows attempts to install a driver, but from what I've read, it is supposed to be basically driverless.

UPDATE [17/12/2014 08:21 CST]: So I feel like an absolute idiot right now. The primary reason Windows did not detect the O2/ODAC was simply a matter of drivers...  :ph34r:

I not sure what the problem I can't really help on this one, sorry. However I'm very curious to know how much better they sound if any with this kind of setup (after you get it working) I just got PC 350 SE's and have been considering doing something like this. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I not sure what the problem I can't really help on this one, sorry. However I'm very curious to know how much better they sound if any with this kind of setup (after you get it working) I just got PC 350 SE's and have been considering doing something like this.

You should be getting better headphones first before you spend that money on a dac.

You should be getting better headphones first before you spend that money on a dac.

They are the same as the OP has, but yeah... that is why its only a "Thinking About It" item and not a "must buy now" thing. Only curious. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

They are the same as the OP has, but yeah... that is why its only a "Thinking About It" item and not a "must buy now" thing. Only curious. 

I know but he already bought it so nothing we can do about that. You will likely not hear a difference with those headphones. Even with better headphones, if they're not hard to drive, the difference will be minimal. 

I know but he already bought it so nothing we can do about that. You will likely not hear a difference with those headphones. Even with better headphones, if they're not hard to drive, the difference will be minimal. 

Says you....

My rainbow nyan cat amp, plugged with my $10 headphone, brought Taylor Swift to my room to perform right in front of me..... We grabbed dinner and watched movies afterwards.....

*must be one hell of an amp..... :lol:

Says you....

My rainbow nyan cat amp, plugged with my $10 headphone, brought Taylor Swift to my room to perform right in front of me..... We grabbed dinner and watched movies afterwards.....

*must be one hell of an amp..... :lol:

I get the feeling that you have a thing for the T-Swizzle.

I beg to differ.

tumblr_nbwd60xIHA1qe6juqo1_500.jpg

plz?

dzmXW.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I beg to differ.

tumblr_nbwd60xIHA1qe6juqo1_500.jpg

that one against this one:

1355294431_esquire-december-2012-czech-r

But seriously, it's her (Kunis) personality that's just awesome

*enough derails, lol

UPDATE [17/12/2014 08:21 CST]: So I feel like an absolute idiot right now. The primary reason Windows did not detect the O2/ODAC was simply a matter of drivers...  :ph34r:

That's strange, it should be USB class 1, which means it'd be auto detected (don't need specific drivers)