Intel Stops Making Desktop Motherboards!?

Apparently Intel have decided to stop manufacturing desktop motherboards. It's a shame really, they're very reliable boards :(

As stated at the start of this video.

Will they be missed at all and will this have any impact on other motherboard manufacturers?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

It is really a shame that Intel is moving away from desktop motherboard :-(, there boards have always been reliable for me in the past.

As for, if there withdrawal from this particular market sector would be missed? Well I suspect that companies like Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI ect. will continue create enthusiast boards. Its just sad to see it go. And this does allow Intel to focus on more interesting avenues such as mobile processes in smartphones and tablets, and the "next unit of computing".

It is really a shame that Intel is moving away from desktop motherboard :-(, there boards have always been reliable for me in the past.

As for, if there withdrawal from this particular market sector would be missed? Well I suspect that companies like Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI ect. will continue create enthusiast boards. Its just sad to see it go. And this does allow Intel to focus on more interesting avenues such as mobile processes in smartphones and tablets, and the "next unit of computing".

I'd be interested in the NUC if it had a good discreet GPU (which i doubt will happen), then you'd literally be able to stick it in your back pack an take it to a mates house or a LAN.

but that's where the steam box is headed ;/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Such a sad day :( dam laptops making more money..... sigh

Steambox ftw!

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Such a sad day :( dam laptops making more money..... sigh

Steambox ftw!

I have a slight suspicion that the steam box is going to be way bigger than everyone thinks. Gabe always pulls rabbits out of hats