Dell U2715H. Seems good on paper, but what am I missing?

evelynevo

I've stayed out of Dell 1440p monitors because they have a lot of bezel. But this one I found a few minutes ago seems very sleek and I am really interested in it. I was going to buy the Asus PB278Q, but I'd rather stay away from Asus so this monitor seems like a logical choice.

This monitor is 1440p, 60Hz, DP, I can't see anything wrong with this except for the fact that I've never come across this monitor before and no one has suggested it either. There must be something I am missing.

I'm still trying to chose between the BenQ BL2710PT,  the Asus and this Dell.

The title is a typo, I mean the Dell U2715H

I've stayed out of Dell 1440p monitors because they have a lot of bezel. But this one I found a few minutes ago seems very sleek and I am really interested in it. I was going to buy the Asus PB278Q, but I'd rather stay away from Asus so this monitor seems like a logical choice.

This monitor is 1440p, 60Hz, DP, I can't see anything wrong with this except for the fact that I've never come across this monitor before and no one has suggested it either. There must be something I am missing.

I'm still trying to chose between the BenQ BL2710PT,  the Asus and this Dell.

What is about the Dell U2415. It is 16:10 and has a better panel with better backlighting and a higher response time. Or the U2414 in 16:9. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

What is about the Dell U2415. It is 16:10 and has a better panel with better backlighting and a higher response time. Or the U2414 in 16:9. 

Holy crap, I am a major fuck up. I pasted the wrong code. I mean the Dell U2715H

I was looking at the S2515H for the same reason... those bezels are slim as hell.

There aren't a ton of independent reviews because they have been out for about a month in the U.S.

Fixed title.

U2715H is a great monitor.

No poroblems with gaming like the benq which has pretty slow rtesponse times?

No poroblems with gaming like the benq which has pretty slow rtesponse times?

I wanted this monitor but the price tag is hefty. They're releasing a 25" version in Q1 2015 with msrp at $500 usd. I'm waiting for the 25" one now. :) unless the 27" has a drastic price change. They were $550 for like a week during November

Not really, no.  The only reason you don't hear about it much is because it just released, and without much fanfare.

I wonder if it is better than the BenQ I mentioned, I will get this one. Thanks for the advice!

If it's a 1440P version of the 2414, then it's an incredible monitor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

So did you end up getting the monitor? If you did, how is it? :D

I did. it is absolutely brilliant! Good heft to it, many settings to play with, not as laggy as my 1080p monitors on boot, brilliant picture, great stand and ergonomics, fant astic looks and cleanliness, smallest bezels I have ever seen in real life (surprised me how much smaller they were than my 1080p monitors), preincludes all wires needed, great eco friendly packaging, smooth moving parts, eay to use/navigate touch buttons, suble, non intrusive on light (can be turned off), etc etc

I did. it is absolutely brilliant! Good heft to it, many settings to play with, not as laggy as my 1080p monitors on boot, brilliant picture, great stand and ergonomics, fant astic looks and cleanliness, smallest bezels I have ever seen in real life (surprised me how much smaller they were than my 1080p monitors), preincludes all wires needed, great eco friendly packaging, smooth moving parts, eay to use/navigate touch buttons, suble, non intrusive on light (can be turned off), etc etc

planning now getting one myself, so glad to hear that you like it. Out of curiosity how's the input lag?

For the same price, why not get the Dell P2715Q.

IPS panel, true 8-bit panel, sRGB manufacture color calibrated profile, 4K, same warranty.

Granted there is yet any reviews on it, so we have to wait and see, but I think its worth considering.

It doesn't have as thin true border like the U2715H, so there is that to consider.

I haven't found anything on the P2715Q, might just have to buy it and try it >.> 8ms grey2grey seems a bit high. Don't understand the difference between typical and fast, is fast a setting?

IPS panel, true 8-bit panel, sRGB manufacture color calibrated profile, 4K, same warranty.
Granted there is yet any reviews on it, so we have to wait and see, but I think its worth considering.
It doesn't have as thin true border like the U2715H, so there is that to consider.

The Dell U2713HM is a very popular panel and has been for many years. It seems that the U2715H is it's successor. It has a 8ms response time (g2g) and 6ms if it's fast. Pretty much it's exactly what we were all asking for in terms of slim bezels! I say go for it!

I'm still trying to chose between the BenQ BL2710PT,  the Asus and this Dell.

The title is a typo, I mean the Dell U2715H

I haven't found anything on the P2715Q, might just have to buy it and try it >.> 8ms grey2grey seems a bit high. Don't understand the difference between typical and fast, is fast a setting?

The Dell U2713HM is a very popular panel and has been for many years. It seems that the U2715H is it's successor. It has a 8ms response time (g2g) and 6ms if it's fast. Pretty much it's exactly what we were all asking for in terms of slim bezels! I say go for it!

Yes the monitor is brand new.. it will take a few months before you start seeing reviews.

The response time is higher as the resolution is higher. The monitor draws from top to bottom row-by-row (hence why: when you have tearing it's a horizontal line). So the more height you have, the slower the response time for the same panel. So the panel needs to be even faster.

From what I see, actual response time for 4K monitors isn't great.. it's not bad or anything, perfectly game capable, but if you seek competitive play, or have absolute 0 ghosting, then no, obviously not. You have to wait for maybe a 1 or 2 generations for that.

The reason why you have 2x Response time figures is that the monitor has a mode where it overdrives the monitor to be able to push faster response time than normally. Its not bad for the panel at all, it is within specification (of course). What it is, is a true overclock done on the panel (voltage is increased on the panel). But the results is that in some visual settings, it could display something called "inverse ghosting". It is a strange visual affect where, on fast motion, where the monitor overshoot the color it is supposed to display.. passes it, and then it return to the correct one. The overshoot depends on on the colors being displayed. That is why it is in option.

SO on the monitor on screen menu, under Display section, you will have the option Response Time, where you'll have 2 choices: Normal and Fast. For more information on where the option will be, check out page 33 on the user manual of the monitor: http://4k-monitor.ru/news/04.11/dell-p2715q.pdf

If you want to try it, be sure that for your region, Dell offers you free returns if you don't like the monitor. A quick call of chat question will have that answered, like this there is no surprise.

Thanks for the response dude. I'll have a read. 

Yes the monitor is brand new.. it will take a few months before you start seeing reviews.
The response time is higher as the resolution is higher. The monitor draws from top to bottom row-by-row (hence why: when you have tearing it's a horizontal line). So the more height you have, the slower the response time for the same panel. So the panel needs to be even faster.

From what I see, actual response time for 4K monitors isn't great.. it's not bad or anything, perfectly game capable, but if you seek competitive play, or have absolute 0 ghosting, then no, obviously not. You have to wait for maybe a 1 or 2 generations for that.

The reason why you have 2x Response time figures is that the monitor has a mode where it overdrives the monitor to be able to push faster response time than normally. Its not bad for the panel at all, it is within specification (of course). What it is, is a true overclock done on the panel (voltage is increased on the panel). But the results is that in some visual settings, it could display something called "inverse ghosting". It is a strange visual affect where, on fast motion, where the monitor overshoot the color it is supposed to display.. passes it, and then it return to the correct one. The overshoot depends on on the colors being displayed. That is why it is in option.

SO on the monitor on screen menu, under Display section, you will have the option Response Time, where you'll have 2 choices: Normal and Fast. For more information on where the option will be, check out page 33 on the user manual of the monitor: http://4k-monitor.ru/news/04.11/dell-p2715q.pdf

If you want to try it, be sure that for your region, Dell offers you free returns if you don't like the monitor. A quick call of chat question will have that answered, like this there is no surprise.

1) it's 4k

2) because I care about borders and looks a lot.