Need help buying my first gaming mouse!

Limbo265

This is my first time ever buying a actual gaming mouse, but I have no idea what to look for. The budget I have is anything under $45 (AUS) Any help would be grateful or advice on what to look for! :)

Try, then buy. Go down to the shop and have a feel for it. If you are comfortable, either buy it there or get back home and buy it online

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Thanks for the advice :) I don't think I have any shops around me though

Some said there are expensive mouses having issues and faulty. IMO, probably the boxes of peripherals drop or banged against somehing during shipping. Anyway, here's a few suggestion, get a gaming mouse with in-built memory to store all the macros, after that you don't need those software anymore unless you want to remap them again. Logitech, Corsair, Steelseries and Razer are common ones that the forumers used if I'm not wrong. Nothing goes wrong with mouses unless you're lucky and take good care of them.

This is my first time ever buying a actual gaming mouse, but I have no idea what to look for. The budget I have is anything under $45 (AUS) Any help would be grateful or advice on what to look for! :)

You must have some idea what to look for? Do you need loads of buttons on your mouse? If you don't specifically want loads of buttons, I'd say no. Just get one with two thumb buttons.

Is there any specific reason you wouldn't want a corded mouse. If no, get a corded mouse. 

I take it you're right handed or don't need a lefty mouse. 

Do you have weird shaped hands at all? Are they big or small hands? Do you wrest your entire hand on the mouse (palm grip) or do you hold the mouse with finger tips and arch your fingers (claw grip)?

Look up reviews and unboxings on youtube of mice that you think you might like. Keep these questions in mind. Once you have done that and think you found one you like, ask on forums if anyone else has that specific mouse. Ask them is there any reason you shouldn't buy one with regards to the expectations you have for it (number of buttons etc). 

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this: Make sure the DPI settings on the mouse go above 2500DPI. You wouldn't want to get a mouse with very little DPI. That doesn't mean that more DPI = better. It just that you don't want to get one with very little. 2500DPI to 3500DPi is perfect. 

Here is one or two to start you off:

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-aa25917-logitech_g400_optical_gaming_mouse#detailTabs=tabOverview

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-aa25760-razer_abyssus_mirror_edition_gaming_mouse#detailTabs=tabSpecifications

http://www.mwave.com.au/category/mice_keyboards-2400/mice_mouse-2403/view-20/sortid-2/pricerangeid-1/display-box/330%3dnone/page-1

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I have the Razer DeathAdder 2013 edition, works with no problems and feels great. 

Perhaps the best product Razer has made.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

Thanks for the ideas guys! I went down and could only find the Razer Death Adder 2013, I really liked the look and size but wasn't able to get it out of the box, plus it didn't have on board memory. I have found the Steelseries Sensei Raw for only $29 and would like your thoughts on it? :) https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_697_698&products_id=20817

The Sensei Raw is pretty nice if you ask me. I also trust SS more than Razer. All the Razer mice that my friends had broke down after a year of usage, tops.