My first PC Build (:

S1L3nT

I think this should have gone in the build logs section.

You'd probably be better off getting a 4670K and a better GPU (maybe HD 7950/7970 or GTX 670 if you really want to go nVidia for some reason) instead, other that that good choices :).

You'd probably be better off getting a 4670K and a better GPU instead, other that that good choices :).

He might be editing videos thats why he needs the i7. Also the 660ti boost isnt a horrible card. Just my thoughts :)

is 120GB really enough for you O_o

I think that 16gb of ram is overkill for a gaming machine. I would change it to 8gb and get a amd 7950 for a gpu. I also would upgrade and get an Asus Rog mobo the maxiumus vi it is 229 but has better gaming features and overclocking abilities.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Ops sorry forgot the case thanks. http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Enforcer-Computer-Windowed/dp/B004WK3KKQ/ref=sr_1_16?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1371428697&sr=1-16

I decided i7 because of 8 threads. Better for editing. What about the MSI GTX 770? the G-series one would match the mobo perfectly. The thing is that I don't have that much money xD

Finishing up my build...

He might be editing videos thats why he needs the i7. Also the 660ti boost isnt a horrible card. Just my thoughts :)

Note how he said "light editing" and "futureproof (meaning he wants a good graphics card) gaming".

Meaning the post below IS correct.

You'd probably be better off getting a 4670K and a better GPU instead, other that that good choices :).

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Ops sorry forgot the case thanks. http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Enforcer-Computer-Windowed/dp/B004WK3KKQ/ref=sr_1_16?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1371428697&sr=1-16

I decided i7 because of 8 threads. Better for editing. What about the MSI GTX 770? the G-series one would match the mobo perfectly. The thing is that I don't have that much money xD

Switch to a 4670k since you're doing light editing. 

The 770 equates to and performs slightly better than a GTX 680. -> And will better "future proof" (Even though you can't really "future proof" a computer)

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

is 120GB really enough for you O_o

I've got the WD 3TB HDD

Finishing up my build...

Switch to a 4670k since you're doing light editing. 

The 770 equates to and performs slightly better than a GTX 680. -> And will better "future proof" (Even though you can't really "future proof" a computer)

Yea but will it handle Adobe's CS6? Some HD video editing in After Effects. What about the case or the other parts? will they work fine? :)

Finishing up my build...

I've got the WD 3TB HDD

Ah okay, got it ^^

You'd probably be better off getting a 4670K and a better GPU (maybe HD 7950/7970 or GTX 670 if you really want to go nVidia for some reason) instead, other that that good choices :).

I think GTX 670 and 770 got almost the same price tag maybe 30~40$ difference and 770 would be better right? 

Finishing up my build...

Yea but will it handle Adobe's CS6? Some HD video editing in After Effects. What about the case or the other parts? will they work fine? :)

If you plan on editing seriously,light or hardcore,you need a larger capacity storage medium.

I don't see any hard drive.

this leads me to believe that 

-A.you aren't serious about editing

-B.you have an HDD to use

-C.you have a NAS,external HDD

-D.you left it out of the links.

also I would advise you to go with a 256 bit or higher bandwidth graphics card.

I edit in CS6 After Effects and have tried premiere pro.

my experience is that it's gonna be relatively slow no matter what you throw at it because it's post processing.

rule of thumb:

i7

-long videos (8+ min) with some simple post processing effects

-long videos (8+ min) with quite a bit of complex post processing effects

-short videos (<4 min) with quite a bit of complex post processing effects

-short videos (<4 min) with some simple post processing effects.

-complex/hard to work with formats (i.e. R3D,DV,AVCHD)

-work mandated time constraints that may benefit from significantly shorter render times

i5

-short videos with quite a bit of complex post processing effects

-short videos with some simple post processing effects

-long videos (8+ min) with some simple post proccessing effects

-less complex,less taxing formats (i.e.MP4,M4V,WMV)

this same rule of thumb applies to whether you choose an i7 lga 1155 or lga 2011,though with lga 2011 the videos get longer,more complex post processign effects,or shorter/more strict time constraints imposed on you.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If you plan on editing seriously,light or hardcore,you need a larger capacity storage medium.

I don't see any hard drive.

this leads me to believe that 

-A.you aren't serious about editing

-B.you have an HDD to use

-C.you have a NAS,external HDD

-D.you left it out of the links.

also I would advise you to go with a 256 bit or higher bandwidth graphics card.

I edit in CS6 After Effects and have tried premiere pro.

my experience is that it's gonna be relatively slow no matter what you throw at it because it's post processing.

rule of thumb:

i7

-long videos (8+ min) with some simple post processing effects

-long videos (8+ min) with quite a bit of complex post processing effects

-short videos (<4 min) with quite a bit of complex post processing effects

-short videos (<4 min) with some simple post processing effects.

-complex/hard to work with formats (i.e. R3D,DV,AVCHD)

-work mandated time constraints that may benefit from significantly shorter render times

i5

-short videos with quite a bit of complex post processing effects

-short videos with some simple post processing effects

-long videos (8+ min) with some simple post proccessing effects

-less complex,less taxing formats (i.e.MP4,M4V,WMV)

this same rule of thumb applies to whether you choose an i7 lga 1155 or lga 2011,though with lga 2011 the videos get longer,more complex post processign effects,or shorter/more strict time constraints imposed on you.

Thanks for your advise and I'm sorry that I forgot to write that I got the 3TB WD HDD (: So which parts should I change?

Finishing up my build...

I think GTX 670 and 770 got almost the same price tag maybe 30~40$ difference and 770 would be better right? 

Yes but if I had to recommend a card for your price range it would be the HD 7970 since it offers more bang for the buck, it's almost as good as a 770 but costs about as much as a 670 and comes with a massive games bundle.

Also not sure if you plan to record games because if that's the case you might want to take a look at ShadowPlay feature from nVidia.

Yes but if I had to recommend a card for your price range it would be the HD 7970 since it offers more bang for the buck, it's almost as good as a 770 but costs about as much as a 670 and comes with a massive games bundle.

Also not sure if you plan to record games because if that's the case you might want to take a look at ShadowPlay feature from nVidia.

I'm kind of a nVidia fanboy :P but sure yeah I'm gonna do some gameplay videos :)

Finishing up my build...

Go for a 7950 or 7970.  Great gaming cards that also absolutely kill Nvidia in OpenGL applications like Photoshop or Premiere Pro.  

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Thanks for your advise and I'm sorry that I forgot to write that I got the 3TB WD HDD (: So which parts should I change?

how about something like this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/17bhq

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

awesome, maybe 2133mhz ram better? will it make any difference in rendering or gaming? 

in rendering it could.....but considering the cheapest CL9 16GB kit of 2133 mhz ram is $80 more I'd say it's not worth it,only reason I picked the gskill 1866 was it was dirt cheap and it went with the gigabyte motherboard's blue accents,and the blue accents on the videocard,since it seemed you wanted a themed build

Linus Sebastian said:

in rendering it could.....but considering the cheapest CL9 16GB kit of 2133 mhz ram is $80 more I'd say it's not worth it,only reason I picked the gskill 1866 was it was dirt cheap and it went with the gigabyte motherboard's blue accents,and the blue accents on the videocard,since it seemed you wanted a themed build

cool but as I said that I've got the 3TB HDD already means that I don't need 1TB one(-69$) so, http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

would be better I think. I checked benchmarks of gtx 670 and 770 and the difference worth the +40$

Finishing up my build...

If you are going to be editng definitely go for a Nvidia GPU. Most video editing programs can make use of Nvidia CUDA to accelerate encoding, OpenGL acceleration(AMD) is not that wide spread right now. 
It does give a significant boost in encoding time especially if you are using CUDA compatible effects(Shading, color correction, etc.).

You do not really need that much power from a GPU for it. My 660Ti works great. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

My Amazon shopping card hits 1400$ with shipping. I will update it to lower the price a lil. here are the screens

post-29938-0-90979100-1371434297_thumb.j

post-29938-0-53789000-1371434324_thumb.j

Finishing up my build...