First Gaming PC Build - Corsair 200R Case Mod

Hey guys,

I've been a long time Linus Tech Tips fan over on YouTube, and now a fan of the weekly Live Streams, especially the build logs at the end of the show. I just joined the forum and am looking forward to meeting some new people and advice on my setup. With that said, I thought I'd contribute to the community by showing my first PC build. It's been 20 years in the making and now I'm ready to show off my rig. Maybe Slick will deem it Live Stream worthy... I can have dreams can't I?  ;)

Anyhow, for a little backdrop on my PC Gaming history. I've been playing PC games since I was 12 years old, Windows 3.1 was the new OS and most games were still being played in DOS. This was the golden area for PC gaming with games like Sierra's Space Quest, Lucas Arts Indian Jones and SimCity dominating the scene. The PC was coming into it's own, and far superior to any console system at the time. It was a privilege to own a PC at that time and I've always stayed true to my roots since then. 

So here's my very first build, it's been a long time coming, but living 2 blocks from a MicroCenter definitely didn't help. For added *Bling* I modded the case with a window. I feel this added that personal touch needed to call it my own. So I called the rig the "Heart of Darkness", firstly cause it drained my wallet, and secondly cause it resembles a heart when in ambient conditions, you'll see below... but when under full load it lights up like a christmas tree and comes alive. Hope you guys enjoy, and please provide some feedback. Thanks for viewing

SPECS:

- Corsair 200R Case

- Intel i5 3570K 4.4GHz

- Gigabyte GTX 670 

- Asus P8Z77-V MOBO

- Crucial M4 128GB SSD

- 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz RAM

- Cooler Master 212 Evo CPU Cooler

- Corsair 600M PSU

PICS:

1. Under Ambient Conditions the system only runs the Red CPU Heatsink Fans, resembling a Heart

H9ieKWV.jpg

2. Under Full Load the system lights up and comes Alive!  

Front, Top, Rear and Bottom Blue Lighting all controlled by the Asus FanController Program

SLDTTVD.jpg

3. Side view of the custom Window Cutout

DhCfCRj.jpg

4. Closer Look of the Side Window Cutout

Cooler Master Evo 212 CPU Cooler, and Gigabyte GTX 670 

QSSHzgH.jpg

5. Even Closer View of the Side Window Cutout... LOL    

Making the Cutout conform to the MOBO was key to it looking visually appealing. 

msIKV2q.jpg

6. Inside the Case, looking at the CPU again.

Lighting provided by Enermax Silent Fans, system runs very quiet under Full Load. 

8iYy8wc.jpg

7. Exhaust Fans for the CPU Cooler

S82ztc0.jpg

8. One last look at the system. The mix of Red and Blue lighting works pretty well, and stands out really well through the display window. 

HqTPh23.jpg

Thanks everyone who viewed my thread. Please provide any feedback, I'm always interested in hearing what others think. I'll update this thread with any changes, Thanks again  :)

i5 3570k and GTX 780 Ti

Nice build.

But horrible name ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

200r is one of my favorite cases and adding the window made it so much nicer. You did an amazing job with building this. Parts are good and so it the cable management. I also really like the fan colors.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Nice build. . . I like the angle fan. . . I recently moved one of my fans to the bottom of the case (from infront of the drive mounts) and it's keeping my GPU about 2 degrees cooler, which is nice. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Why red and blue fans?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Nice :)

Case)- NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black    ***    Lighting)- NZXT Sleeved 24 LED Lighting    ***    CPU Cooler)- NZXT Kraken X60    ***    RAM)- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHZ    ***    PSU)- Corsair GS800 800W    ***    Keyboard)- Corsair K95 Mechanical CherryMX Red Keyboard    ***    CPU)- Intel Core I5 2500K Overclocked to 4.9GHZ    ***    GPU)- EVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB    ***    Mouse)- Razer Imperator 2012    ***                                   Sound Card)- Creative Sound Blaster Z    ***    Motherboard)- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H    ***    Monitor)- BenQ 24" XL2420TX 3D Vision 2 Ready    ***    Mousepad)- Mionix Saragas 900

Why red and blue fans?

cause it looks good!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

good window mod, liked the lite extra sidecut

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

How difficult was the window. Thinking of doing it myself on the 200r as well?

cause it looks good!

I guess its personal preference... 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Thanks guys for the feedback. I really appreciate hearing what you guys think and will update with more mods here in the future. 

The Angled Fan at the bottom of the case gave my graphics card added airflow over the stock bottom configuration. It also improved on the amount of dust collected in the system. It's an easy mod, get some L-Brackets, bend them 45 degrees and screw them in with a screw and bolt. 

The choice for Red and Blue Lighting was made after the all blue config started feeling old. I like the offset of the CPU Heatsink, and at some angles you almost get a purple color. It's a nice change up from what I had before. 

Cutting the window wasn't too difficult, all you need is a dremel and the right bits. I recommend making a cardboard cutout of the side panel before you even trace a design on your case. I made about 5 adjustments to my design before I drew a stencil on my case. Wear Safety Goggles 

Alright guys thanks again for all your input, my next project is to change the front of the case and add better intake breathing for my fans. 

i5 3570k and GTX 780 Ti

• 1 year later...

Here's my custom windowed Corsair 200R side panel. I spent an afternoon constructing this work of art in my garage, incorporating one of my favorite characters, YODA!

http://losangeles.cr...4706231266.html

YodaSidePanel2.jpg

YodaSidePanel3.jpg

YodaSidePanel4.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz (LGA2011) OC to 4.30GHz Mobo: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP (CML16GX3M2A1600C9) GPU: 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC Cooler: Corsair H80i GT PSU: Corsair AX860i Case: Custom Corsair 200R

• 1 month later...

Here's my custom windowed Corsair 200R side panel. I spent an afternoon constructing this work of art in my garage, incorporating one of my favorite characters, YODA!

http://losangeles.cr...4706231266.html

YodaSidePanel2.jpg

YodaSidePanel3.jpg

YodaSidePanel4.jpg

What are the dimensions of the acrylic that you cut out? I mean the original piece of acrylic

P.S: It would look better with green LED fans for the Yoda theme, or just no LED on the fans and putting LED strips