There IS a difference between framerate...

Yiz

So this kid tried to tell me there was no difference between 30fps, 40fps, and 60fps. He tried to tell me that his laptop runs as smooth as my desktop becuase he can run LoL at 30fps. I can CLEARLY see the difference between 30fps and 60fps... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ADDED THE OPTION TO YOUTUBE. People like this kid infuriate me. I think you all can agree with me too. But his argument was that the eyes can only see at 32frames or something like that.. Sorry I had to rant.

I can't play lol at 30fps it kills my brain.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I can't play lol at 30fps it kills my brain.

And your team too.

k?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

now that i have a gaming rig, anything lower than 40fps makes me go "damn this is laggy... oh wait, its 30fps"

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

I always target 40+ FPS. I can clearly tell the difference below 40

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

send him this

9aa37fd707f6da04417f50385a3764e2988d8f08

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

What about the difference between 15 and 30 fps? Is there not a difference? It just gets more drastic. Tell him to either git gud or research.  ^_^

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

I too occasionally feel the need to rant due to the ignorance of plebs. It's why I wish there was a specific rant section in this forum or something.

Yeah everything he tried to argue was bs. He even said he has 16B of RAM and since my desktop has 8 gigs, his laptop is better... Just ugh...

Also take him home and show him.

Yeah everything he tried to argue was bs. He even said he has 16B of RAM and since my desktop has 8 gigs, his laptop is better... Just ugh...

Can you slap him? Hard

I wish xD

Link him this thread.

yup.

playing borderlands 2 at 38 FPS...... hell.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Ho @BurgerBum

My posts aren't that good. :D

Ho @BurgerBum

My posts aren't that good. :D

thanks??

wait what?

im lost. x'D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

thanks??

wait what?

im lost. x'D

Idk, you like all my posts :P

Idk, you like all my posts :P

i like posts i like. xP 

i made a facebook post about that once.

''only someone lonely would like their own post''

really? cause i wouldnt post it if i wasnt pleased with it, sometimes, i forget its my post, I SEE YOU LIKE ALL YOUR OWN POSTS TO GET THE BALL ROLLING PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH YOU BIG waffle. 

i liked that post 2 seconds after i posted it. x'D 

-Jim Hensen

I know there's a difference, but I personally can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. Maybe it's because I'm been gaming on a MacBook for four years and I've become accustomed to lower frame rates, but wouldn't that make it easier for me to see the difference?

I dunno. I'll revisit this issue after I've played at above 30 FPS for as long as I've played below.